XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joyride....

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 03:17 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Joyride....

I was out for a run last weekend and am pretty used to getting looks in the car. In fact it does get a fair bit of attention if I'm honest, wether I'm in the mood for it or not. I have to say though that I love the car. Have done since I saw it on Pistonheads and have done since I drove it first time.

Anyway, I pulled up in a local carpark to get a few bits and pieces and this guy pulls up alongside. Doesnt say anything straight away but eventually rolls his window down and says "Nice car mate. Those side skirts hide a multitude of sins though eh?" I assumed he was alluding to the fact that there could be rust 'hidden' under the skirts or something. I did say that if he had seen the history of the car, and the care that went into its upkeep and maintenance, rust would be the last thing he would come across, but this negativity basically was the gist of everything this guy had to say.

He went on to tell me he had the non supercharged variant "an XK8?" I replied. Yes was his response. He then asked me if I'd had any trouble with the car. I said in 15 mths the car hadn't really missed a beat and his by this time predictable response was "oh you've got all that to come then." To which I immediately responded with "is that why you're driving round in your wife's mini?" It was my unhidden attempt at undiluted sarcasm which seemed to go right over his head. I'm not usually a sarcastic person but on this occasion I couldn't help myself even if it was a wasted attempt at it. After a few more unpleasantries this guy drove off leaving me scratching my head somewhat. Some people huh?

Old 04-15-2014, 03:46 AM
GGG
Received 16,766 Likes on 12,154 Posts

Unpleasant and misinformed - clearly he's not a member of Jaguar Forums!

Graham

Old 04-15-2014, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
Unpleasant and misinformed - clearly he's not a member of Jaguar Forums!

Graham
Well, he might pop up though I doubt it to be honest .....

Old 04-15-2014, 08:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,273 Likes on 2,810 Posts

Why waste your time thinking about this guy? Life's too short as it is....

Old 04-15-2014, 08:25 AM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

"Is that why you're driving your wife's mini?". I love that line, hope I get to use that one.

The following users liked this post:
RSsteveH (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jon89
Why waste your time thinking about this guy? Life's too short as it is....
Hey, I just thought an interesting conversation piece. This guy was the first negative person I've come across with regard to the XKR, soooooo.....