Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOUD creaking sunvisor

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 09:51 PM
Received 281 Likes on 203 Posts
Default LOUD creaking sunvisor

Howdy Folks:
I have a LOUD creaking sunvisor that I have put up with since I started my ownership in 2010. It is the right visor side only, and creaks when raising or lowering. the telescoping and pivot movement is silent to and from the passenger side glass (never really used). I have not come up with a way to get into it for repair. Has anyone else experienced this noise, and or come up with a solution. (Note: drivers side is silent and vanity mirror /flap problem is not relevant in my case.)
I do not want to replace the visor as mine looks as good or better than any that I have seen.
Thanks for any help.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,808 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Dr D, I've never had this problem, though I have an idea for you. It looks to me like the visor rotates on the plastic rod. Since the visor can be extended, exposing the naked plastic I'd try coating the plastic rod in good old car wax. Petroleum lubricant would seep into the visor fabric. On the other hand, wax is non destructive, smells good , and is slippery.

If that fails, Google squeeky visor 2004 Lexus - it was common in those cars that year. You might get some other ideas.

Let us know how it goes.

John

Old 04-25-2017, 01:43 PM
Received 281 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnken
On the other hand, wax is non destructive, smells good , and is slippery.

If that fails, Google squeeky visor 2004 Lexus - You might get some other ideas.

Let us know how it goes.

John
Howdy John:
I Googled the lexus info and I tried beeswax, but it did not work.
However, as one Lexus owner stated,the visor does stay where you place it. So, after 250+ views, I feel that it is a rare problem for us and I will continue to just live with it.
Many thanks.

The following users liked this post:
Johnken (04-26-2017)