XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

morgo

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default morgo

My 2003 XKR has a door locking issue.Fuses are all OK.
Key in door lock has no response.
Remote prompts a flash of the blinkers, sound of solenoid activation in the doors but fails to lock and the alarm triggers instantly.Any ideas on a solution,I am unable to lock the car.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Give us some history, have you had battery troubles recently?

The following users liked this post:
morgo (02-12-2017)
Old 02-12-2017, 10:10 AM
Received 241 Likes on 146 Posts

+ 1 on the battery. Also, perhaps a little more detailed explanation of what is happening would help. Do the either of the interior handles visibly lock and unlock? I reprogrammed my key fob after a similar issue of pressing the lock button and it setting the alarm off each time, and it seemed to have remedied the alarm going off. Also, I'm assuming your windows and power mirrors work?

I also had a small plastic piece in the door locking solenoid break, causing my door lock to become permanently engaged. But when I would try to unlock the car the locks would cycle several times first, between lock and unlock.

The following users liked this post:
morgo (02-12-2017)
Old 02-12-2017, 03:20 PM

Many thanks White XKR and Chillyphilly.I have not owned this vehicle long and it would appear that the battery is fine.I shall contact the previous owner about battery replacement and keep you informed.Further I shall keep my eyes on the interior door handles when using the remote.Many thanks for your interest.So far love the car and will add some pictures when I learn how.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,106 Likes on 763 Posts

I had this happen once when something was preventing the mechanism from actuating correctly.

I had the door card off and the wire harness from the window switch looped over the inside handle to keep it out of the way. The tension also prevented the handle from actuating, which caused the alarm to go off.

It may also happen if the door microswitch is misbehaving. Do the window drop when you open the door like they are supposed to?

Last edited by ccfulton; 02-13-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:24 PM

Hi Charlie,
Many thanks for your reply.
Spoke to the mechanic son of one of our club members yesterday.Both are full on Jag lovers.
You may be on the money.Young Bradley is tipping the micro switch on the door lock to be the problem.Will keep you informed.