XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Network communication problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 04:58 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Network communication problems

2001 XKR Convertible. There are three messages coming up on the Message Centre - 'Cruise Not Available', 'Failsafe Engine Mode' and 'Incorrect Part Fitted'.

My Autel code reader can't see any codes except the usual P1000 as pending. Using IDS on my laptop, I'm getting multiple errors relating to lack of communication with all the various modules, but it's not giving me any further info.

I have a feeling this may have started with the adaptive speed control module or the booster unit, as I had previously seen a code relating to that.

The car is driving fine and is doing everything it should do. All the power is there, it's going all the way to 6k and the transmission is going through all the gears.

I'm hopeful this is a bad connection in one of the data networks, but I could really do with some help with this one please.

Thanks
Andy

Attached Thumbnails Network communication problems-img_6260.jpg  
Old 07-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Received 241 Likes on 146 Posts

Though I have no useful advice, I have a similar issue on my XK. Everything works fine, no glitches or fault codes. It will not communicate with the instrument pack and other modules, and shows some (such as the TCM) as being optional equipment. When I connect the VCM to the car I get this:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...n-img_1386.jpg

I know it's not the VCM as it works just fine on the XJ and communicates fine with all the modules. Thought I would share if it is something similar.

Attached Thumbnails Network communication problems-img_0394.png  

Last edited by chillyphilly; 07-18-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:52 AM

Thanks.

I can see certain similarities, but clearly there is something wrong for the messages on the display to come up. I've never even heard of 'Incorrect Part Fitted'.

How can I get more information from it and which module would generate that last message?

Cheers

Andy

Old 07-19-2017, 04:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,503 Posts

I wonder if the adaptive CC is playing up. Its location means it's pretty exposed. They do seem to be prone to issues for that reason, and are sat on the CAN.

'Incorrect part fitted' may be a symtom of the comms issue.

Is F22 (5A) in the engine compartment fusebox OK?

Old 07-19-2017, 04:38 PM

Hi michaelh,
I have a feeling this may have started with the adaptive cruise control, as I did have an error code show up on IDS several weeks ago relating to the Adaptive Cruise Control module and also the booster module. I was able to clear that code.

I will check F22 tomorrow and report back. I guess the main module is located behind the front bumper and I could look around that to see if there is anything obvious with the connectors etc.

Thanks
Andy