Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Body Kit c/w DRL LED's Lights - Check This Out

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking New Body Kit c/w DRL LED's Lights - Check This Out

I found this website on the internet I thought I would share. Check this out for all the people want DRL LED Lights for our cars here they are.

GRANTLEYDESIGN Jaguar XK8 XKR body styling kit bumpers side skirts lights and vents

Old 09-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Banned
Old 09-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,259 Likes on 564 Posts

It's not bad. Better than some I've seen. I don't like the way it looks "bolt on". You can see the lines where the kit bolts on, for example, in front of the rear wheel well and below the leaper logo behind the front wheel well. It would look better if those seems were blended into the body. It also needs some spacers on the rear wheels because they are WAY inside the rear fender.

I do like the front end, though.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Received 112 Likes on 56 Posts

I hate it...looks like a mitsubishi eclipse in my opinion.

I much prefer the look Paragon seems to be heading in!

- I'm eagerly awaiting the new kit, "venturi" (or whatever it's called) kit, that has the bit more aggressive styling then the one pictured above. Once I see some more detailed pics and pricing on that it will probably be the one I'll be considering!

The following users liked this post:
zray (08-19-2018)
Old 09-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Veteran Member

I don't like the bar through the grill. It should be open with the stainless mesh.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 576 Likes on 475 Posts

I am not sure, I like it but it does look a bit bulbous and I am a fan of the blended look, perhaps if you lost all the joins it might make it look better. Hate the grille, but I do like the lights.

And answer to pomosv

Its the Verendum Kit..... And if you are curios about the name my son came up with it, apparently it is Latin for Awesome lol

We have a car going into paint in the next couple of weeks and it will look something like this

You might notice the very similar look to the pic pomosv posted up, thats because the car above is a photoshop image I did to see if would work, one guy liked it so much he bought me an XK to do it to, that was 18 months ago.
But we are well on the way

Old 09-23-2011, 04:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Yup, I agree with the front end, very stylish

Old 09-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Banned

I want to get the new LED Lights

Old 09-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 182 Likes on 148 Posts

I'll jump on this wagon and say I Do not like it. It makes the XK look like so many other wanabe sports car. The 1996 - 2006 X100 body style was unique and set it apart from the croud. I like it better that the current X150 body style.

Mark

Last edited by mjlaris; 10-17-2011 at 01:39 AM.
zray (08-19-2018)
Old 09-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Received 112 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by XKRacer
Its the Verendum Kit..... And if you are curios about the name my son came up with it, apparently it is Latin for Awesome lol

We have a car going into paint in the next couple of weeks and it will look something like this
But we are well on the way
That looks great in my opinion, builds well on the Xk's styling and adds anice level of aggresiveness...

Will there be an option for fogs? Kind of reminds me of this:

Old 09-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't like the body kits available. I think the best thing we can do to our cars is addition by subtraction. Remove a little height, remove the strip and you have yourself a near perfect X100.

Next spring/summer there's a thing or two I plan on doing on the cheap to get a more subtle-aggressive look without resorting to body kits or other gimmicks.

But, it doesn't look all that bad for a brand new kit, better than a lot I've seen for sure. However it could look more professional and less ricey. Give it time.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by pomosv
That looks great in my opinion, builds well on the Xk's styling and adds anice level of aggresiveness...

Will there be an option for fogs?
I am not much of a fog light fan but I guess there is no reason why you could not add something yourself.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Veteran member
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

The LEDs look really feeble. Not the high-power Luxeon LEDs Audis have, for example.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member

I just noticed the movie that they have on their website. After watching that I like it a lot better. Here's the link:

GRANTLEYDESIGN Jaguar XK8 XKR body styling kit bumpers Jaguar xk side skirts lights and vents movie

I still think it would look better if the body kit was blended to the actual body. Also, on the rear fender just in front of the bumper there's a spot where the rounded part of the rear skirt meets the rounded part of the rear fender. The seam really makes the rear skirt look bolted on and not a part of the car. But still, I like it overall.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

If I had to choose between the two, I'd take XKRacer's any day.

IMHO, the horizontal bar in the front grill of the silver car look like most other new cars I see around here.

And 100% agree, blending would be much better.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Translator
If I had to choose between the two, I'd take XKRacer's any day.
+1

the one in the OP doesn't look as tacked on as some of the kits I've seen, however instead of allowing the body to taper inward as it goes to the ground, it makes it look like it tapers outward, which completely changes the look of the car from something elegant to something massive. the end result being it looks like the top half of one car grafted onto the bottom of something very different.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Veteran member
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend Sam
I just noticed the movie that they have on their website. After watching that I like it a lot better.
Sorry, that's just awful. What were they thinking? The sides look as if they've been smeared on using filler and they haven't even matched the paint with the rest of the car correctly. A botched job if ever I saw one.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:33 AM
Veteran Member

If I had to be really honest (I am not wanting to have a dig at any competition this is just IMO) The side sill covers are totally wrong, they are far too big, the rear is OK, I dont mind it but again too big, I have no probs with the style it just needs to be toned down a bit, but I do like the front bumper, ignore the grille, at the end of the day you could remove that and have mesh.
The problem I have is it adds so many lumps and bumps, the sill and bumper almost grow out of the sides like some one has given it a good pummelling with a base ball bat and it is all swollen, if it flowed a bit more it would work well.
If you look at some of their other work with the main company Quad Conversions you can see it follows a similar ilk, that spells ricer, that will not go down well with the main Jaguar fraternity but with the younger boy racers....maybe!

Old 09-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member

The more I look at it the more I like it. I especially like the front, although I'd have to get rid of the Chrysler-looking bar through the middle of the grill and put a stainless mesh grill in there. The side skirts/sills need so be blended to that they don't look bolted on, but I like their width. It makes the car look wider and more stable. I just don't know how the rear bumper could be fixed. If it was blended into the body then it wouldn't be removable, and eventually the rear bumper will have to come off for some sort of maintenance. It would be a pity to have to do body and paint work every time the bumper came off, but I don't see a way around it with that bumper blended to the car.

But maybe I'm just showing my (young) age. I can understand that some people like the classic elegance of the factory body. That body kit, with a couple of tweaks, would be a real head-turner.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Banned

So the LED Lights shipped to the USA cost 650 euro which is about $887.

sherbercars (10-04-2011)

Quick Reply: New Body Kit c/w DRL LED's Lights - Check This Out