Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0301 thru P0304 codes

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 02:10 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default P0301 thru P0304 codes

Hi All,

When I put my 2000 XKR to bed last night, everything was fine.

I went out to start her today and I heard a slight noise, got Restricted performance (which went away on it's own) and am getting white smoke out the tailpipe on the right side only.

All tensioners were done about a month ago. There is a slight coolant leak that I have not yet isolated but there is no coolant in the oil. And she seems to idle OK.

I got the codes P0301-0302-0303-0304.

I have searched the forum but none of the answers that I have seem mention the white smoke.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Old 09-22-2017, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

You are misfiring on the right side of the engine o all 4 cylinders. White smoke usually indicates "water vapor" grey smoke is "oil". I would recommend your first step in troubleshooting is a Compression Test. You can try clearing the codes and swapping coils from right side to left and see if the misfire travels with the swap. I would pull the plugs and have someone crank it over while checking if water vapor is expelled during cranking. One other thing to try is while the plugs are removed pressurize the cooling system and check the cylinders for water. Please do the checks and get back to us.