XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prowler pipes

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Prowler pipes

Among the many jobs which I need to do on my XK8 before embarking on a trip over the Alps to the med, was to modify a stainless Prowler exhaust system I picked up for a song. Originally intended for a big VW it seemed to have enough bends, so I thought, lots of cut and shut, and 'jobs a good un' Well here we are with only 3 weeks until the off, I've checked the cam tensioners, changed out one, replaced all the snapped off bolts, done the drive belt, cars on my spare ramp because the two post still isn't bolted down after recent garage move, I thought, "I'll just take a look at the pipes" long story short, I couldn't be bothered with all the bother of toing and froing, cutting, and grinding, so I just cut off the back boxes in situ, right where they welded to the pipe and added a couple of lengths of 50mm stainless thin wall pipe. I used the oval cones off the Prowler to achieve the look. Sounds quite nice, loud when you want it to be but otherwise totally docile. I will probably build a proper system eventually, but for now, this was a quick, cheap and easy job which looks and sounds really nice. I'll post up some pics in the morning when the car's back on the ramp.

Last edited by vmaxnick; 06-02-2017 at 10:39 AM.