XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Bumper Brackets Corroded

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 07:03 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rear Bumper Brackets Corroded

Had my car up on the ramp today and noticed these brackets were corroded, has anyone had this problem before ?

Old 10-20-2016, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 883 Likes on 472 Posts

It is a not uncommon problem in the uk, replacements can be cut off good cars at salvage yards but it is difficult to replace them. The bad news is that the rust probably extends into the inner and outer wing so you will need to replace more than just the brackets.

I sold this pair recently.

I took these of salvaged wings from eurojag. They seemed to have no problems getting me very clean rust free wings.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:02 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RaceDiagnostics
It is a not uncommon problem in the uk, replacements can be cut off good cars at salvage yards but it is difficult to replace them. The bad news is that the rust probably extends into the inner and outer wing so you will need to replace more than just the brackets.

I sold this pair recently.

I took these of salvaged wings from eurojag. They seemed to have no problems getting me very clean rust free wings.
I will add these to my list and ask at the scrap yard, eliminating rust seems a common job on these. Is your car rust free now ?

Old 10-20-2016, 01:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 883 Likes on 472 Posts

I have spent more than 200 hours getting rid of rust on my car and it is still far from rust free.