Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement Floor Mats....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,275 Likes on 2,812 Posts
Default Replacement Floor Mats....

I've been looking around for several months for decent-quality off-the-shelf carpet floor mats. Nothing in the auto stores around here comes close to fitting the very narrow XK8 floorboard footprint. So I did some research and decided to order a pair of custom-fitted Lloyd Ultimats. My wife selected Lloyd's "Bahama" color in an effort to best match her existing interior. Hope it comes close to what she expects - it can be difficult to tell when attempting to match colors just by looking at samples on the computer monitor....

Anyone else here using the Lloyd Ultimats product? I've read that they are much plusher than the factory mats and supposedly better-constructed and much more durable as well. For $87 total with free shipping and a five-year warranty, I guess we'll find out....

I'm doing this to save her original Victory Edition leather-bound and Jaguar-logo floor mats which I'm sure were obscenely expensive and probably not even sold any longer. Our spring and summer weather doesn't challenge them, but autumn and winter weather will take their toll. The plan is to use the Lloyd mats during autumn and winter but if they are as nice as they are supposed to be, they may wind up staying in the car all year long....

Old 08-11-2012, 01:56 PM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon89
...................I'm doing this to save her original Victory Edition leather-bound and Jaguar-logo floor mats which I'm sure were obscenely expensive and probably not even sold any longer............
You're correct on both counts.

My 4.2-S has the same leather bound Jaguar logo mats. Dealer confirmed in June they are no longer available and Jaguar have no plans to re-stock.

Graham

Old 08-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member

So are you using your Victory Edition floor mats every day, or have you substituted a less-costly set in their place in an effort to preserve them? Our Victory Edition floor mats are rather thin and I doubt if they would hold up to daily use for more than three or four years in our neck of the woods....

Old 08-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

A couple of comments. I had gone ahead and purchased the Victory Edition floor mats from the dealer (they were not really all that expensive) and while they look nice with the logo and all, they are definitely not as well made as the original mats that came in my 2005 XKR. On the other hand, I am using the VE mats daily and had stuck the original mats in a closet. Why go through the trouble of "saving" these for the next owner?

Also, there were some posts in the forum by guys that bought aftermarket mats (I forget from where) but they also came with logo, leather trim, as well as a thickened pad for your heel. I was thinking about ordering some of those.

Doug

Old 08-11-2012, 05:40 PM
GGG

Originally Posted by Jon89
So are you using your Victory Edition floor mats every day, or have you substituted a less-costly set in their place in an effort to preserve them?
NO - I still have the mats from my 2001 and use them instead. The Victory/S mats are much thinner and were already starting to show wear when I purchased the car. Never expected they'd be unavailable!

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
Also, there were some posts in the forum by guys that bought aftermarket mats (I forget from where) but they also came with logo, leather trim, as well as a thickened pad for your heel. I was thinking about ordering some of those.
Possibly David's thread you'd seen?

Floor mats replacement - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I'm considering buying a set. I can find plenty of suppliers of quality mats but this is the only one I've seen offering similar embossing to the OE Jaguar.

Graham

Old 08-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I bought the lloyds mats you are referring to. Yes they are plush and thick, very well made.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (08-12-2012)
Old 08-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

Here is another option for you:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ebay%5D-19408/

I didn't even get the plush ones (they weren't available yet) and mine are still going strong. The plush ones should really last a long time.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:11 AM
GGG

Keith,

They look to be a much thicker and denser pile mat than the OE.

The AutoEct listing gives an option for Jaguar logo but no illustration of style/location.........?

Graham

Old 08-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Veteran member
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

These are my ultra-deep pile mats.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:07 PM
GGG

Originally Posted by Frog
These are my ultra-deep pile mats.
Do the pair of you even get out of the garage once they are down?

Graham

Old 08-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
Keith,

They look to be a much thicker and denser pile mat than the OE.

The AutoEct listing gives an option for Jaguar logo but no illustration of style/location.........?

Graham
Graham, keep scrolling through the thread I posted. There are two different thicknesses available, plus a berber option, two different trim styles, the logo can be done in different colors, and there is a heel pad option. None of these options are given on the ebay auctions (except the logo), but a simple message to them will tell you how much more each option is. Several memebers found these options by looking directly at their website (which shows everything but the Jaguar logos) and then messaging them directly. Dena at AutoEtc is great to work with and its a great product. After 3 years, I think I'm ready to switch out my plain ones for a plush style with Leaper and Heel pad. The carpet is compressed a bit where my heel rests, but other than that, even the low end option has worn very well and is very low priced. The options all bring the price up, but even fully loaded it is much less than factory Jaguar and is on par or better with the factory Jaguar mats. I highly recommend them.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (08-13-2012)
Old 08-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by K.Westra
Here is another option for you:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ebay%5D-19408/

I didn't even get the plush ones (they weren't available yet) and mine are still going strong. The plush ones should really last a long time.

I DID get the plush and love them. I can't believe the quality for the price. And i got the JAG logo in blue to match my car and love it. Highly recommend them. I like them better than the original.

Just my 2 cents worth! ( Actual value .5 cents)

Old 08-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member

Update:

The custom-made set of Lloyd Ultimats arrrived this afternoon via UPS Ground Free Shipping. Perfect color match, thick-pile carpet with a full four layers of material in the mat for better weatherproofing, and a better/tighter fit on the floorboards than the Jaguar Victory Edition thin and flimsy mats that came with the car. I think my wife plans to use her Victory Edition mats for spring and summer, and the new Ultimats for autumn and winter when the weather really challenges all the car mats in our neck of the woods. The Ultimats have a five-year warranty, so we'll see how it goes....