Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Cover Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 02:25 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Seat Cover Replacement

Hi all,
After reading here a good bit, getting prices locally and talking to VIC at Topsonline I decided to take on my worn seats. The hides look fantastic! A perfect match as to color. I have only completed the passenger side and plan on starting the drivers tomorrow. I would call this project advanced DIY. I assume I am past the learning curve so the drivers side should be easier. at least there are a couple of videos about doing the console and cup holder so that will certainly help on them. when I finish up in a day or 2 I will post some pictures of the final result for other folks to see. Thank goodness for Vic at topsonline he has answered all my questions great service after the sale.

Rich

The following users liked this post:
Roger_B (04-18-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 07:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

we need photos

Old 04-18-2017, 08:28 AM
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jlbsam
we need photos
...or better yet, video! I'd almost pay for that... or at least buy a ticket.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:00 PM

I am taking pictures of the drivers side to hopefully help someone else.
Speaking of help, I cannot find the schematic of the drivers door switch connector. I know I have seen it before on JTIS or here on the forum. My connector has different color wires than does the harness coming out of the seat. I need to figure out what color from the harness goes to which pin. I knew the connector was missing when I bought this car. the wires had been run to the correct pins and the seat did work fine. I pulled them off today to install the New to me connector thinking the wire colors would match up. SILLY me. of the 9 wires 5 are of the same color and I have soldered and heat shrunk them. now im down to 4 that just don't match. one is a white coming from the harness and I think it goes to the wire on the connector that is a faded pink color that used to be white I think. then 3 more that just do not match HELP!

Old 04-18-2017, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 775 Likes on 466 Posts

Electrical diagrams from Jagrepair.com

http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Auto.../jagxk2000.pdf

Old 04-18-2017, 03:45 PM

Thanks man i just couldnt find them today. The drivers seat is a complete mess. i have been welding and grinding trying to get the frame in shape to start the recover effort.

Rich