Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Seat Modules (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/seat-modules-109114/)

wojo 12-31-2013 07:28 PM

Seat Modules

1 Attachment(s)
Decided to start a new thread on the seat module also. I will start new threads as I conquer the other probs. Anyway my module for my '03 XK8 has the number LJE2160AB/XXX and the '01 I found has LJE2160AA/XXX and I decided to buy it for 150. I got it and installed it today .... it works fine. I took a gamble and maybe paid too much but oh well......I will probably send the bad one off for repair and have a spare. ..nice to have good news!!! Now I need to tackle the fuel pump prob..........

ccfulton 12-31-2013 09:13 PM

The new part lists for $430 so $150 sounds like a good deal. Nicely done, and good to know the parts are interchangeable.

wojo 12-31-2013 09:52 PM

Information ..... good!!!!

The More info the better...... In a previous thread someone said the older modules will work in the newer cars but not visey versa.......but someone should try and let us know.....

smithtrevor 01-01-2014 02:48 AM

Good to hear all is well with the cat. I reported this in your first thread, the older modules with an earlier suffix (or the same), are normally backward compatible. The later modules are blank and require IDS/SDD to upload the programme from the ECU (there is a TSB on this which I posted in your thread for info). I was reading a recent thread on the Jag forum re Fuel Lines and releasing the tank end....think our fellow owner was near to giving up.
TS

Cambo 01-01-2014 04:23 AM

Good to hear it worked out.

There's a bit of a problem with programming the seat modules with the IDS/SDD, so this seems to be the way to go then.

More info here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...e3/#post571282 posts #110 & #112.

Long story short, we can't program new seat modules anyhow!

test point 01-01-2014 05:25 AM

Did you install the replacement module in the passenger of driver seat? There is also the question of the driver seat communicating on the CANetwork while the passenger seat does not.

See repair discussion here: XK8 / XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

smithtrevor 01-01-2014 07:51 AM

Was an interesting post #110 & #112. During my air bag code 17 fault (it is posted on here with GGG really breaking out what was the cause & RESOLVED), I re flashed my Restraints Module & no issue using SDD v128 & genuine Mongoose OBD cable. Is interesting to read why Jaguar decided to no longer pre programme replacement modules....got to be $$$$ saving for them at the end of the day......TS

convgto69 01-01-2014 10:33 PM

4 Attachment(s)
My passenger seat was missing one of the buttons. worked fine but no button to move seat front to back. Found a used one for $85.00 from a local yard. went to get it and he told me how he quoted too low a price but would honor my price. Next day he had the drivers side on ebay for$185. My point, is there a way to buy a button so I have the extra switch.

xjrguy 01-01-2014 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by convgto69 (Post 882545)
My passenger seat was missing one of the buttons. worked fine but no button to move seat front to back. Found a used one for $85.00 from a local yard. went to get it and he told me how he quoted too low a price but would honor my price. Next day he had the drivers side on ebay for$185. My point, is there a way to buy a button so I have the extra switch.

The only way to get a button is to salvage one from an intact switch. The bigger problem is there is a piece of spring steel back there also, to keep everything in alignment as the button moves. That piece is usually lost if the button pops off. Then you are in a pickle.

Cheers,

wojo 01-04-2014 08:04 PM

Seat Module

I replace the passenger side......I have no Idea which side it came off of...