Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vehicle information from VIN number

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 02:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,503 Posts
Default Vehicle information from VIN number

My son has a small Ford as a daily driver, and he was looking for part numbers for a bluetooth unit which is an option on his car. He was looking on Ford's website, which allows a vehicle search by VIN, and brought up lots of info. Just for a laugh, he typed the code in for mine, and lo and behold, it recognised it and gave a listing.

Didn't tell me anything I didn't know other than that my car was born on the 14th of November 1997 (although not registered until April 1998).

However there was a VIN posted here some little while back for a '99 that a member was considering. When I tried that, it came back with much more information.

I didn't find a non-European one to try, but it just might work for you: link to ETIS

Apologies if this has been reported before, although nothing showed on a forum search

Mike

The following 4 users liked this post by michaelh:
64vette (12-09-2015), Computer Budda (12-04-2015), JagNoir (12-04-2015), White Bear (12-07-2015)
Old 12-04-2015, 04:38 AM
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Cool, thanks Mike. I never knew this existed.

I have previously gotten a full build rundown (not the actual "certificate", which costs ££) from Jaguar Heritage which gave me quite a lot of info but not, for instance, the build date.

So now I can celebrate Penny's birthday every August 19 and, although she's supposed to be an '03, I realize she's actually already a teenager - which explains a lot...

I was kind of hoping to obtain the number of my engine, which at least on my model is located in a particularly inaccessible spot in the actual car. No such luck, though.

In any case, thanks again!

The following users liked this post:
michaelh (12-16-2015)