XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warning lights Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Received 76 Likes on 56 Posts
Default warning lights Help

Been a while since I last posted. My 02 xkr convertible had to be outside for a month while I moved. when I start it now the following warning lights blink on and off:

ASC TRAC NOT AVAILABLE
TRAC OFF
ABS
ENGINE

ALL ARE AMBER

ALSO WHEN I PUSHED IN THE HAZZARD WARNING LIGHT, IT WOULD NOT SHUT OFF (PULLED THE 10A FUSE TO DRIVE)

MUST BE SOMETHING ELECTRICAL ?? OK WHERE DO I START. SPENT THE WHOLE WINTER INSTALLING 2 NEW FUEL PUMPS.. WHAT A TASK !!

THANKS,

KEN IN WV

Old 11-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,783 Likes on 2,227 Posts

The battery is low. Charge it and do a hard reset.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Received 281 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by kenatofc

ABS

ALSO WHEN I PUSHED IN THE HAZZARD WARNING LIGHT, IT WOULD NOT SHUT OFF (PULLED THE 10A FUSE TO DRIVE)

MUST BE SOMETHING ELECTRICAL ?? OK WHERE DO I START. SPENT THE WHOLE WINTER INSTALLING 2 NEW FUEL PUMPS.. WHAT A TASK !!
Howdy Ken:
Sometimes just a short run in the driveway will clear the ABS fault. Especially, if the ABS wheel sensors have just been cleaned.

There are reports of the HAZZARD WARNING LIGHT BUTTON physically sticking (of which happened to me a few years ago). It seems like I used silicone grease, but I really do not remember. In addition, I may have used a knife blade (or two) to pry the button back to the OFF position. Maybe someone will chime in and tell exactly what to do. Regardless, it was not electrical in my case.
I just went out to the car to check if the sticking had returned. It proved to be as free as the day I fixed it. Good Luck

Old 11-03-2017, 04:00 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Charge your battery and keep it on a tender if the vehicle is going to stand unused for more than a few days.

The Hazard (and ASC) button can stick owing to a combination of a weak return spring, lack of use and a build up of dirt on the sides of the button. A pair of credit cards pushed in on either side can be used to pull the button back up without damage.

Graham

Old 11-03-2017, 04:02 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

+1 On battery charge and hard reset.