XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do I do with these?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what do I do with these?

I just recently replaced the shocks (front and rear), mounts, insulators, bushings, and sway bar links on my 2003 XKR (I will never do this by myself on this car again btw, too much work).

So now I have used shocks that I don't know what to do with. Is there a market for them? Do I chuck them?

Old 06-10-2011, 08:03 AM
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

If you add them to all the parts I have from repairs I bet we could start making a car. Like the Johnny Cash Cadillac song. One piece at a time......

YouTube - ‪johnny cash cadillac song video‬‏

Old 06-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Danster
I just recently replaced the shocks (front and rear), mounts, insulators, bushings, and sway bar links on my 2003 XKR (I will never do this by myself on this car again btw, too much work).

So now I have used shocks that I don't know what to do with. Is there a market for them? Do I chuck them?
Did you replace them with OE parts or aftermarket? I'm curious because I am trying to determine if my struts on my 02XKR need to be replaced. Especially the front - when I got over a semi-deep break in the road it's like bottoming out - it bangs sometimes. That's the only way I know to describe it.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

I donated my old, 100,000 mile shocks to the regional landfill. They didn't even thank me.

rschulto, it sounds like something related to the upper mounts...post a pic of the top of your shock towers from inside the engine bay, let us see what they look like.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rscultho
Did you replace them with OE parts or aftermarket? I'm curious because I am trying to determine if my struts on my 02XKR need to be replaced. Especially the front - when I got over a semi-deep break in the road it's like bottoming out - it bangs sometimes. That's the only way I know to describe it.

as far as the shocks go, I was only able to find these from a jaguar deeler, because of the adaptive damping control. The mounts, bushings, and links can be found aftermarket but after watching ReverendSam's video, decided to go OEM.

The best deal I found was from Dan Wicker, parts manager at Nalley Jaguar (look for them in the sponsor section). He's a great guy to work with, honest and gets you the parts quickly. Just mention to him that you're a member of this forum and he'll give you a discount including free shipping.