XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Washer House Route???

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 09:10 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Windshield Washer House Route???

My windshield washer fluid is running out on the floor back by the transmission…
For the life of me I can’t figure out how the hose is routed from the tank to the cowl and can’t find anything other than another member here asking about it several years ago.
So - How is it routed???

The following users liked this post:
MsMaybe98 (07-28-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 09:29 AM
Received 172 Likes on 96 Posts

Based on memory on my '97 coupe, it ran from the washer reservoir under the drivers's side front fender, under the Driver's inner fender lining back to the area where the master cylinder sits, then across to the center of the car under the fascia, where it splits and goes to the two wiper arms.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:53 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Because of where the washer fluid was on the floor I thought the hose ran under the car - - which made no sense, but who knows…
This also solves another problem. The hvac fan is pretty weak. After getting the cowling off I found the hose and it had been CHEWED in two +++. Whatever was living in there built its nest/bathroom right over the air intake for the ac.
YUCK!

Old 07-28-2021, 12:12 PM

Hmmmmmm
After cleaning it up I think the thing in the center under the cowl is just a deflector so that water that gets under the cowl has a path to under the car instead of into the car.
I still don’t know where the hvac intake is, but I keep vacuuming leafs and acorns out the the blower.
I thought I had them all but it’s making quite a racket again… Maybe an other thread later.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:50 PM
Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldwing
Hmmmmmm
After cleaning it up I think the thing in the center under the cowl is just a deflector so that water that gets under the cowl has a path to under the car instead of into the car.
I still don’t know where the hvac intake is, but I keep vacuuming leafs and acorns out the the blower.
I thought I had them all but it’s making quite a racket again… Maybe an other thread later.
Oh my goodness! Sounds like quite the mess. My '98 XK8 Conv washer system has a monster leak between the reservoir and the spray nozzles. I've purchased a new reservoir and have to get new hose; then I'll begin the leak location hunt as you have done. Good to know the hose doesn't travel to the far aft of the car. Good luck with your efforts.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:55 PM

Thanks Becky
The only hard part was removing the wipers.
Most auto part stores will have the hose and connectors.
I just had to splice in about a foot of hose under the cowl and back in business.
To remove the wipers I sprayed some Kroil on each one after removing the nuts and used a Harbor Freight cheapo 2 arm puller. Put it under tension and gave the puller a whack on top with a small hammer. Lifting the blade up off of the windshield seemed to help a lot… don’t know why, but neither side would budge until I raised the blades all the way up.