Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XK8 rear screen heater

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 06:24 AM
Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts
Default XK8 rear screen heater

Hi Folks

In the recent cold weather, I have noticed that my rear screen demister is not working - ie. there is not demisting/defrosting along the lines of the heater wires of the screen.

Any suggestions?

Also, my key fob is not working (like that since I bought the car last June) so I have to use the key al lthe time. I tried to re-program as per the many instructions posted on the forum, but it does not work...I never get the bleep or "chirp" after the little red light near the transmission flashes.

Is the aerial for the key fob part of the rear screen? maybe there is an issue with this..or the security module perhaps?

Any help would be much appreciated...Thanks

Old 12-16-2015, 03:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,503 Posts

Hi,
According to JTIS for 2003, the feed to the heated rear window is from relay R2 via F17 (25A), both located in the trunk/boot fusebox. The connectors for the heater elements are hidden behind the rear side trim panels.

The antenna for the remote key fob is located at the top of the window, and you should just be able to see the connector poking out the centre back of the headlining.

Has the rear window been replaced and someone just not bothered to reconnect everything?

HTH,
Mike

The following users liked this post:
andyzeg (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for that Mike - I will check out the fuses and relays at the weekend.

I have no idea if the back screen has been replaced or connections messed about...but I will check those also.

There is always an answer!!

Cheers

Andrew

Old 12-17-2015, 03:13 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

It's easy to dislodge the connector for the alarm when cleaning the rear screen - don't ask how I know!

Graham