XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XK8 Rear View vs S-type rear view.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default XK8 Rear View vs S-type rear view.

Gents, Ladies, Greetings!
Help required por favor.

My '99 XK8 rear view crapped out, so I got an S-type. S-type readilly available and inexpensive. Sharp looking. Both have 5 wires but S-type is different on three.

S-type= Black, white, the others are blu/yel, org/yel and wht/blu.
XK8= green, yellow, black, white, and gray.
I figured black is black, white is white on both.

Any ideas on which wire hooks up where? i.e. does the org/yel hook up to the yellow?

Thanks,
Bill

Old 06-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

Hi Bill. Suggest you download and check wiring diagrams from Stickys in each forum and compare . . . otherwise, you risk asking S-Type (X200) owners to guess at XK8/R (X100) vehicles, and vice versa . . . let alone the MY variances that exist across both models. You don't id which MY the S-Type mirror came from. That's why we go to such pains to match replacement parts precisely . . . by model, by year, by variant and if necessary by VIN.

Not many of us own both Jaguar models and, in my case at least, XK8 differs in many ways from yours, let alone unknown S-Type. Be aware that mirror includes sensor for "auto" lights which others have found on exchange, leaves them either with headlights always on . . . or never on! Not a cross model replacement I would fiddle with, quite frankly. IMHO, risks that are unknown often come with a sting.

Cheers,

Ken

The following users liked this post:
Datsports (06-09-2017)