XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XKR-S (X100) 2006 - How Many and What Number Off the Line ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 03:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XKR-S (X100) 2006 - How Many and What Number Off the Line ?

I am trying to get information on my (RHD) XKR-S Convertible from 2006 (X100)

The Car was dispatched to the dealer on 26 June 2005 and then first registered in Mar 2006.

I am trying to find out the following:

How many XKR-S Convertibles in RHD were made?
How can I find out what number it was to come off the line?

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 200 Likes on 176 Posts

This is the only information I could find I don't think you'll be able to find what number it was off the line. XKR 4.2-S Ihey run the special editions randomly with the other models and apparently It's a Europeon model .

The 4.2-S special edition models unveiled at the 2005 Geneva International (1 March) marked another advance for the Jaguar XK.

Available as either coupe or convertible, with a choice of two V8 engines – one of them supercharged, the 4.2-S was offered in four new limited edition exterior colours – Copper Black Metallic, Frost Blue Metallic, Bay Blue Metallic and Satin Silver Metallic – in addition to the wide palette already in existence. With three interior colours and two distinct veneer options for the instrument panel, XK8 models offered a new luxurious Elm wood veneer as standard for the interior trim, while XKR cabins were lined with a sporty Carbon Fibre veneer set, with Elm veneer as a non-cost option. A new interior carpet colour, Dove, was also offered for the first time on a Jaguar.

In recognition of Jaguar's racing heritage, special badging and accents adorned the new models, including the 4.2-S. Polished door treadplates feature chequered flag emblems and leather-edged embossed floor mats line the footwells. The revised white Jaguar Growler badge on the bonnet also featured new chequered flag accents on the sides of the emblem. New darkened rear light clusters further enhance the sporting credentials of the Jaguar XK range.

The XK8 models feature 19-inch 'Atlas' style wheels, while the XKR models get a new, unique 20-inch split rim BBS Perseus performance wheel. The XKR also gets cross-drilled Brembo brake discs, red wheel badges and red brake callipers to reinforce its sporting credentials.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:38 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Originally Posted by richodon
I am trying to get information on my (RHD) XKR-S Convertible from 2006 (X100) ............!
Welcome to the forum richodon,

Here's the total XK8/XKR production by year and type:

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Attached Thumbnails XKR-S (X100) 2006 - How Many and What Number Off the Line ?-xk8-production.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
richodon (06-02-2015)
Old 06-02-2015, 04:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RCSign
This is the only information I could find I don't think you'll be able to find what number it was off the line. XKR 4.2-S Ihey run the special editions randomly with the other models and apparently It's a Europeon model .

The 4.2-S special edition models unveiled at the 2005 Geneva International (1 March) marked another advance for the Jaguar XK.

Available as either coupe or convertible, with a choice of two V8 engines – one of them supercharged, the 4.2-S was offered in four new limited edition exterior colours – Copper Black Metallic, Frost Blue Metallic, Bay Blue Metallic and Satin Silver Metallic – in addition to the wide palette already in existence. With three interior colours and two distinct veneer options for the instrument panel, XK8 models offered a new luxurious Elm wood veneer as standard for the interior trim, while XKR cabins were lined with a sporty Carbon Fibre veneer set, with Elm veneer as a non-cost option. A new interior carpet colour, Dove, was also offered for the first time on a Jaguar.

In recognition of Jaguar's racing heritage, special badging and accents adorned the new models, including the 4.2-S. Polished door treadplates feature chequered flag emblems and leather-edged embossed floor mats line the footwells. The revised white Jaguar Growler badge on the bonnet also featured new chequered flag accents on the sides of the emblem. New darkened rear light clusters further enhance the sporting credentials of the Jaguar XK range.

The XK8 models feature 19-inch 'Atlas' style wheels, while the XKR models get a new, unique 20-inch split rim BBS Perseus performance wheel. The XKR also gets cross-drilled Brembo brake discs, red wheel badges and red brake callipers to reinforce its sporting credentials.
Hi thanks for your help.

I know that the engine was built on 21 April 2005.

Production ended for the X100 series on 27 May 2005.

My car was dispatched to the dealer 26 June 2005 and then sold/registered in March 2006.

So I guess I can deduce it was at least one of the last made but it would be great to know which. From my VIN I know it was not the very last however it seems the VIN's were not in sequence (probably because they made a mix of XK's at the time)

Given that '985' Convertibles were built in 2005 (5 months) or 198 per month and usually the split was 50% to the US then I guess mine was one of the last 98 RHD made. The question then is how many of that 98 were XKR-S' ?

Anyone know if a dealer can find out or do Jaguar Browns Lane provide this kind of information?