XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xkr/xk8 part swap ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 11:27 PM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Xkr/xk8 part swap ideas?

I found a really nice 45k mile 2000 xk8 couple. The transmission blew up a couple of years ago and it has been parked inside a garage ever since.
If I bought that, and then bought a crashed XKR from a place like co-part. Are the motor and transmission a direct swap? Or am I going to havend to customize everything? Is there a write up some whare?

Old 01-30-2017, 04:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,110 Likes on 932 Posts

Neither the engine or transmission is a direct swap. Wiring harness issues will be the big issue on the engine not to mention the intercooler system. The transmissions are completely different and would have to stay with the XKR engine along with the ECM and TCM. Not to say that some have done this but having the XK8 transmission rebuilt is going to be the simplest, least expensive solution.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:23 PM
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Actually probably easier (and possibly less $$) to use a Jaguar Specialties kit to swap in a Corvette LS engine and trans.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:31 PM
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts
Default If you pass on that car.....

If you decide not to go for that coupe, I wouldn't mind having it.... Could you connect me with the seller??? I'll do something nice for you.... ($$$)

Originally Posted by BlooDSMeaR
I found a really nice 45k mile 2000 xk8 couple. The transmission blew up a couple of years ago and it has been parked inside a garage ever since.
If I bought that, and then bought a crashed XKR from a place like co-part. Are the motor and transmission a direct swap? Or am I going to havend to customize everything? Is there a write up some whare?