XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZF 6 Speed re-flash

Old 07-17-2017, 08:07 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I had a similar experience with my Jaguar Dealer in Troy, Mi only with an XJ8 that I had asked the dealer to re-flash. The dealer did not want to do the service to my jerky shifting transmission. I had heard about re-flash from a guy from the Jaguar Club in Chicago. So I insisted the dealer do the re-flash and am glad that I had it done. The car now has 120,000 and still going strong. The only complaint I have is that I didn't have it done when I purchased the car with 72,000 miles. The car shifts very smoothly all the time and no jerkiness ever. Cost me $200, money well spent.

The following users liked this post:
Redline (07-17-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 05:51 PM
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wag
I had a clunky /whiney box in my 04 xk8, after changing oil and filter to no avail I took it to Swallows Jaguar near Weston Supermare .I had the gearbox software updated via a laptop, it cost about £35 and made it as new . Money very well spent .
Just in case anybody is stuck with a clunk and thinks they need a new box.

I now have an xkr with merc 5 speed, I don't know if it has its own ECU, does anybody know .
Hey Wag, you're in my neck of the woods.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:58 PM
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bcprice36
ccrulton, In the Thread above you mentioned "Blue Top solenoids" is this in reference to the ZF 6 Spd. or the Mercedes 5 spd? My ZF doesn't seem to know where it is or what it is suppose to do Half the time.....Also, where do I find more info on the Program Re-Flash?

Billy Clyde in Houston
Sounds like my XK8 which appears to have been retro fitted with a six speed, seldom seems in the right gear, requires the right boot in the Axminster before it kicks down, then it changes down 3 cogs and goes off like a scalded Rat, you can't use the J gate as it's a 5 speed and instantly throws up a gearbox fault and it whines worse than a student. I'm going to look into a re-flash, see what that delivers.