F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bye bye Standard Options!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 02:56 PM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
WhiteTardis has a connection to Jaguar, thought I don't remember quite how. May be that 2018 pricing isn't public yet.
Which I call the mothership.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

just had a go on the configurator.

On the base model, you now have to add the rear camera and the front sensors separately, and can only add the heated windscreen if you also order heated seats and steering wheel.

I once saw -25C in the UK. In 1981 I think. If it's ever that cold again, I may choose to stay at home and log on remotely. Whereas, the windscreen regularly ices up in the car park at work.

Dear JLR: Ford may be squeezing you on the IP relating to the heated screen - so you need to make it make you money. But, its Value is in being able to spec it regardless of anything else...

Old 01-18-2017, 03:56 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by F-typical
just had a go on the configurator.

On the base model, you now have to add the rear camera and the front sensors separately, and can only add the heated windscreen if you also order heated seats and steering wheel.

I once saw -25C in the UK. In 1981 I think. If it's ever that cold again, I may choose to stay at home and log on remotely. Whereas, the windscreen regularly ices up in the car park at work.

Dear JLR: Ford may be squeezing you on the IP relating to the heated screen - so you need to make it make you money. But, its Value is in being able to spec it regardless of anything else...
Didn't even realize the heated windscreen is only part of a pack. That kinda sucks.

Also noticed there is no mention of being able to buy service packs (3 or 5 years)

Would be curious to see a new brochure as i remember when i ordered my 17MY there were a few discrepancies between the website and the book.

On a separate note im sure i heard that patent ford had with the heated screens has expired. May be wrong.