F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertible British Racing Green with Black Top Pics Needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 10:50 PM
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Convertible British Racing Green with Black Top Pics Needed

I'm trying to decide on what color combinations I want if I'm able to work a deal on a new 2017 F-Type convertible. It would be configured exactly as I want it, so I can get whatever exterior/interior/top colors I want. Regardless of what colors I choose, I'll definitely get silver colored wheels. The three colors I like are British Racing Green, Caldera Red, and Rhodium Silver. I really like the Rhodium Silver, but I already have a silver S2000, so I'd like to go with a different color. My wife's really pushing for the Caldera Red and I think it looks great, but I've never owned a red car. So, I don't know how I'd like it in the long run. I've always been more subdued (mostly grey and silver). I like the British Racing Green, though I don't think it shows the lines on the hood as well as the silver and red. If I buy a BRG, I'd definitely want a camel interior. Unfortunately, Jaguar doesn't offer a camel top. From the few pictures I've seen, I don't think the tan top goes well with the camel interior. It looks kind of mismatched. So, I've looked over the internet trying to find BRG convertibles with black tops, but there are very few pictures with the top up. Those that I have seen are taken at odd angles, so I'm not sure if they're really representative. I'd really like to see some better pictures just to know how it looks for sure. Does anyone here have pictures of their BRG convertible with a black top? Side and rear views would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Bret_T
Side and rear views would be greatly appreciated.
Tan top. Sorry.

https://plus.google.com/+MichaelHraba/posts/WJz6miJNu2S

That catches the lines VERY nicely. I am still trying... get it. It's understated at times, dazzling at others, and will change with your mood and the weather. It's magnificent, and you can catch the hood lines well. It's more sophisticated, refined, distinguished, classy, and gentlemanly than the other colors which desperately dry out and shriek for attention. =)

The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Fishbits:
Buckingham (01-22-2016), Eurobahn Jaguar (05-05-2016)
Old 01-21-2016, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

That tan top is stunning w/ BRG and camel. It may not be an exact match to the camel interior, but it's very complimentary. IMO, black would be a big mistake.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (01-21-2016)
Old 01-21-2016, 05:24 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
That tan top is stunning w/ BRG and camel. It may not be an exact match to the camel interior, but it's very complimentary. IMO, black would be a big mistake.
You know, for custom making and ordering direct via a dealership, their back end system is atrocious for correctly ear marking the add-ons, etc. Each "pack" negates a custom part of another "pack" or option.

So when you order, be sure to FINE TOOTH COMB double check what it says. I ordered 3 or 4 times, and each time there was an error that needed overriding *on the back end* of the system through a tech, vs being able to easily change options.

First order that was submitted:
Went to Cirrus or grey leather.

2nd time:
dropped off the flat bottomed steering wheel.

One time my non-S became an S, and my black pack had dropped off.

That warning aside, I had been curious or worried about a clashing of the top and seats. It's so near to the color it's certainly complimentary, and I never think about it.

Well.. that's not fair. I catch myself looking at my own car like you do when you think you see someone attractive in public, and then to your surprised delight it's actually your wife. =) I love that.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:51 PM

Your perspectives make me feel better about getting a tan top. Uncle Fishbits, did you get the extended leather in camel or just the seats?

Old 01-22-2016, 11:56 AM
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Here you go...

Here are pics of my BRG with black top and camel leather

Attached Thumbnails Convertible British Racing Green with Black Top Pics Needed-20160122_094927%5B1%5D.jpg   Convertible British Racing Green with Black Top Pics Needed-20160122_095015%5B1%5D.jpg   Convertible British Racing Green with Black Top Pics Needed-20160122_095028%5B1%5D.jpg  
Steve Youn (05-05-2016)
Old 01-22-2016, 12:42 PM

That looks great too. Did you get the "Super Performance Braking System"?

Old 01-22-2016, 01:58 PM

Yes - Super Perf Brakes were part of the $3400 Performance Pack S back in 2014 which gave you Performance Seats, Dynamic Mode, Active Exhaust, Flat Bottom steering wheel and Super Perf. Brakes. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed in how the red calipers seem to have faded from the sun

Old 01-23-2016, 05:42 PM

I went and looked again today. The camel interior looks great. They didn't have one with a beige top, but based on the picture above I'm sure that's the way I want to go. They pulled out a beige swatch to compare to the camel. I'm still stuck wondering why in the world they didn't use the same color for both. I don't know if I'd get used to it or not. Is it possible for an expert to do a quality job of recoloring a convertible top to a slightly darker color?

Uncle Fishbits (01-25-2016)
Old 01-23-2016, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 188 Posts

My red calipers seem a little faded also on my '14.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 188 Posts

I like camel top but wonder how long it will stay clean. Had tan top on audi cabriolet some years ago and it looked washed out at 2 years.

Old 01-23-2016, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bjg625
I like camel top but wonder how long it will stay clean. Had tan top on audi cabriolet some years ago and it looked washed out at 2 years.
I have the light grey top, and it looks brand new at 2 years. I would imagine the tan would be exactly the same.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bjg625
I'm only 6 months in, but it's a commuter parked outside. I've had constant rain on it, a few bird droppings that seem to disappear with a gentle, quick touch, and even a few drops of dirty sprinkler water from a parking garage sprinkler that seemed to just disappear, as well.

Foosh- how often would you get your top a) resealed and treated and b) what do you think the lifespan of the top is?

Old 01-25-2016, 10:21 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,093 Likes on 1,395 Posts

My top has needed to be reproofed annually, as it stops shedding water. Was too late in the season to do it last year, as it wants to sit in the warm sun to allow the waterproofer to soak in, but I didn't get around to buying it until November.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
Foosh- how often would you get your top a) resealed and treated and b) what do you think the lifespan of the top is?
UF,

It's been 2 years, and I haven't had to reseal it yet. I've never even used any kind of soap, cleaner, or stain remover on it. I personally hand-wash the car every weekend when possible, and on the top I just spray the top up close with a garden hose at normal household water pressure, and let air dry. That's all I've needed to take care of bird-droppings and dust accumulation. It still looks brand new with no stains and still beads up today as it did when new.

I think the fact I've used no soap or chemicals has preserved the original factory protection. However, I'm lucky in that my car is garaged both at home and in an underground DC parking garage at work. It's really only outside when driven or running errands.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default F-Type convertible BRG - Black Top

Originally Posted by Bret_T
I'm trying to decide on what color combinations I want if I'm able to work a deal on a new 2017 F-Type convertible. It would be configured exactly as I want it, so I can get whatever exterior/interior/top colors I want. Regardless of what colors I choose, I'll definitely get silver colored wheels. The three colors I like are British Racing Green, Caldera Red, and Rhodium Silver. I really like the Rhodium Silver, but I already have a silver S2000, so I'd like to go with a different color. My wife's really pushing for the Caldera Red and I think it looks great, but I've never owned a red car. So, I don't know how I'd like it in the long run. I've always been more subdued (mostly grey and silver). I like the British Racing Green, though I don't think it shows the lines on the hood as well as the silver and red. If I buy a BRG, I'd definitely want a camel interior. Unfortunately, Jaguar doesn't offer a camel top. From the few pictures I've seen, I don't think the tan top goes well with the camel interior. It looks kind of mismatched. So, I've looked over the internet trying to find BRG convertibles with black tops, but there are very few pictures with the top up. Those that I have seen are taken at odd angles, so I'm not sure if they're really representative. I'd really like to see some better pictures just to know how it looks for sure. Does anyone here have pictures of their BRG convertible with a black top? Side and rear views would be greatly appreciated.
Check out this link

PolkNole (02-01-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 10:31 PM

Nice. I can't wait.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Nice video. I read somewhere that Jags are a female favourite, that they really appeal to female buyers. If my wife's reaction to the car is any indication, if firmly believe it's true. This video is another testimony to that thought. I'm convinced that my wife would have had me committed or divorced me if I HAD'NT bought it.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:52 PM

An interesting thing that I noticed about the car in the video is that the headlining is ivory. I wonder why they'd do that with the brogue interior?

Old 03-27-2016, 09:56 PM
Default Black Top

Here's another pic. I bought my car off the lot with a black top. I suppose if I were ordering I would have picked the beige to match the interior. But the black top goes well with the BRG when it's dark. BRG is really 2 different colors - the brilliant sparkly green in direct sunlight when the metallic is 'turned on' and the muted tone when it's not in direct sunlight and the metallic is 'turned off'. It's a drastic difference - really 2 completely different colors. I'm noticing how much I like the look of the black top with the BRG in the latter scenario (in the pic), which for me is more often than not.

Attached Thumbnails Convertible British Racing Green with Black Top Pics Needed-jag-dark.jpg  

Quick Reply: Convertible British Racing Green with Black Top Pics Needed