Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 1999 - 2008

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2009, 01:06 PM

Default Low Side AC Port Location on a 2000 3.0 S-Type

Quick Question!!

I've been searching the forums and I've found conflicting info on where I would be able to find the low side service port for the AC on a 2000 S-Type 3.0 L engine. Some say it's located on the compressor, others say its in the right rear corner of the engine compartment, and others say it's under the car on the hose...

I was wondering if it's easily found or do I have to get the car up on a lift?

Thanks!

-Mark
Old 07-08-2009, 04:54 PM

OK, I found on the forums where it states to find the low-side AC Port, which on this model is located on the compressor, behind the driver's side wheel.

Yet, I noticed I'm having a hard time connecting the quick release tube to the low side port. Seems like it doesn't want to connect, i.e. not able to slide down enough for the quick release to catch... Also, I noticed a bit of oil in the area. I'm wondering if the 'over the counter' recharge cans you can buy, might not fit.

Has anyone had any success with recharging their own ac? Or, is this something that I might have ot take into the shop for?
Old 07-08-2009, 04:54 PM

Tags
06, 2000, ac, air, conditioner, jag, jaguar, locations, low, port, pressure, recharge, service, side, stype