Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > X-Type
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

X-Type 2001 - 2009

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2008, 03:20 AM

Default water pump leak

I've had a water pump leak for about 5,000 miles now on my 2003 Jaguar X-Type. I make sure the coolant tank is full at all times so my engine doesn't overheat. What are the long term effects of this leak and how much longer do I have to replace it before the problem gets worse?
Old 09-15-2008, 10:12 AM
bojangles

Default RE: water pump leak

coolant loss is a sure fire way to kill your engine... fix the damn leak silly! the water pump is easy on this car.

there is no way to check if the engine is overheating.. the gauge only moves to the hot zone after is is way to late to do anything. The gauge does not indicate engine temperature,,,, it is a massaged signal
Old 09-16-2008, 01:24 AM

Thanks. I was kinda holding out because the dealership was charging me an arm and a leg to do this. Luckily, come to find outI have a friend whose real handy with this type of stuff so I'm buying the water pump tomorrow and that should take care of the leak for a fraction of the cost.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:39 AM

I have the same problem. Just wondering, how much for the water pump and where and ow much labor?

Thanks
Old 09-16-2008, 11:02 AM

I got my water pump w/ gasket for $75 at O'reilly's Auto Parts. Firestone was gonna charge me $150 for the pump and $400 to remove and replace it. If you can find someone to do it for you, you'll save a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrcjr24 For This Useful Post:
Stuart Beattie (01-23-2013)
Old 09-16-2008, 11:02 AM

Tags
2003, charge, cost, effects, firestone, how, jaguar, leak, leaks, pump, repair, replace, type, water, xtype