X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The pro's/con's of owning a Jag

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The pro's/con's of owning a Jag

I have a funny story. I heard these 2 gentlemen talking to each other in a NYC parking lot commenting on my jaguar. I heard Man #1 say to Man#2 that is a great looking car but I would never pay $80,000 for a Jaguar. Of course they stopped talking when they saw me open up my car and get in.

I thought to myself. I would never pay $80k for this Jaguar too and sped off.

Everyone loves my car but they always say I would never be able to afford a Jaguar.....I hate when they ask me how much I paid......I usually tell them I got a great deal!

You guys are right, the best thing is the prestige of this car. It just feels great driving it! Now If only I had a factory warranty than life would be perfect!

Old 05-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah lol hanky! Driving a jag is a great feeling and I will miss it once it's gone but I'll get back into one sooner or later! I will never forget when I was test driving a 03 black sport, man it was awesome how everyone was drooling over the car it was almost creepy! It's hilarious that nobody knows how much these cost! When you can get an x for the same or less than a grand prix and nobody knows it!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hehehe this is funny - When I bought my car I drove into the parking which has other nice cars like two Nissans 350z, one BMW 540, an AUDI 07- that's as nice as it could get as the other are older cars - Then one Jag..Mine - When I got to the office the first day everyone in my workplace was talking about - talking about my paycheck payments and other things in a silly way. My boss which is the director drives a Nissan Pathfinder 2007 - The do not talk about me in a mean way but something like "I'm gonna have to talk to the big boss about your paycheck" and I said that I need a raise because of the car. The car looks brand new and it's a 2003 -

One time I took it to the dealer for a oil pan repair and I they assigned a rental - when I went to ge the rental the guy had to confirm the type of car I was getting to repair. He was like "A jaguar?" - I dont know why he was surprised. Now when I returned the car there was the cutes frigging girl I seem - when the same guy on the back said "Is your Jag ready?" the girl looked at me with those beautiful eyes and said " I thought he was kidding when he said you have a jaguar" Then she started asking me question...Danm I let pass that moment!!!

Thanks Jaggy!! << My car's nick

Old 05-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love driving my jag. Before work one day i was going to starbucks, and on my way in i see the GM of my hotel walking behind me. They didnt notice me because i was in street clothes but once they got in line they said hello. I always feel intimidated by her because she runs the show and if i do something wrong she reports it to my manager. So i get my coffee hop into my car and drive off(2004 black x type sport). Later on that day my manager tells me the gm up came to him and asked if that was my jaguar and how i could afford it. it feels goooood haha.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Veteran Member

Just let them think that! Don't let em know what it actually costs! I love that!

Old 05-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife got soooooooo much crap when she started driving her car to work. "WOW ! Wish I could afford to drive a Jag !" All this coming from guys with $50,000 trucks sitting out in the parking lot. My wife would tell them she got it for pretty cheap, but they'd just tell her "yeah right". That is a HUGE pro when it comes to driving a Jag, and I think its one that far outweighs many of the cons. They are just a sexy dam car ! Its got its squeeks and dash vent quirks. It takes two people to open the gas door (one to pull the handle and one to pull open the door). Its not real fast (my truck will eat my Jag for lunch), but DAM !!!!! My wife looks good driving it !!!!

Old 05-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, its true, Jags look too damn good to ignore!
As a matter of fact, I gotta get my car washed/waxed so I can take pics. ..

Old 05-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: the_transporter

My wife got soooooooo much crap when she started driving her car to work. "WOW ! Wish I could afford to drive a Jag !" All this coming from guys with $50,000 trucks sitting out in the parking lot. My wife would tell them she got it for pretty cheap, but they'd just tell her "yeah right". That is a HUGE pro when it comes to driving a Jag, and I think its one that far outweighs many of the cons. They are just a sexy dam car ! Its got its squeeks and dash vent quirks. It takes two people to open the gas door (one to pull the handle and one to pull open the door). Its not real fast (my truck will eat my Jag for lunch), but DAM !!!!! My wife looks good driving it !!!!
Yeah the gas door is fun in the winter! I hear ya on the quickness of the jag, I always thought it was quick myself til the other day the wife next to me in the mounty and me in the jag. She said she didn't have the mounty floored and I was trying to smoke her but it didn't happen.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: solidx

Hehehe this is funny - When I bought my car I drove into the parking which has other nice cars like two Nissans 350z, one BMW 540, an AUDI 07- that's as nice as it could get as the other are older cars - Then one Jag..Mine - When I got to the office the first day everyone in my workplace was talking about - talking about my paycheck payments and other things in a silly way. My boss which is the director drives a Nissan Pathfinder 2007 - The do not talk about me in a mean way but something like "I'm gonna have to talk to the big boss about your paycheck" and I said that I need a raise because of the car. The car looks brand new and it's a 2003 -
It's the history that goes with the Jaguar name. The BMW says new money to me and so does the Audi. People see a Jag and they think about what it cost, but they also think the driver can handle a sports car.