Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > XJ ( X308 ) XJ8 / XJR
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

XJ ( X308 ) XJ8 / XJR 1997 - 2003

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2011, 03:00 PM

Default Need to replace Knock Sensor...Bank 2 location?

I am getting the code P0332 Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Low Input (Bank 2) on my 2000 VDP. Looking from the front of the engine Bank 2 is the right side (driver's side), correct? Just want to make sure I replace the correct one. I only have one replacement sensor. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Veteran Member

The normal method of expressing engine left and right is from the driver's seat. From that position bank 2 is the left side or as you described it up to the point of adding 'driver's side'.

You have to be real careful describing 'driver's side' on a British made auto.
1981 Volvo Bertone Coupe - 25k original miles http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=256460
Old 07-01-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by test point View Post
The normal method of expressing engine left and right is from the driver's seat. From that position bank 2 is the left side or as you described it up to the point of adding 'driver's side'.

You have to be real careful describing 'driver's side' on a British made auto.

Good point. I just replaced the wrong one because I assumed Bank 2 was the passenger (American model) side. Now I have to replace the one that was actually bad (driver's side). Oh, well.....
Old 07-01-2011, 11:10 PM

Tags
1998, 2001, bank, bank2, jaguar, knock, knocks, location, number, part, replace, replacement, sensor, whick, xj8