XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Rear Badge Removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I wanted to take it all off but it looks odd with no badging at all so I just left the leaper on. TC

Attached Thumbnails Rear Badge Removal-image.jpg  
Old 06-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

This is what mines looks like.

Attached Thumbnails Rear Badge Removal-img_0342.jpg   Rear Badge Removal-img_0343.jpg  
Old 10-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Aonsaithya
Juglar?

Something I whipped up just now. My pick would be the middle row, but that's where it starts to get tough.

Glad I found this older post and thread as I now have a similar decision to make. I just traded in my 2012 XJL tonight and picked up a new 2014 XJL. As you all know, the 2012 just had the leaper with no script in the center, and the XJL badge on the left. The 2014 has both leaper and script JAGUAR as well as left and right badges for XJL and 3.0. Although it's only been a few hours, I've already decided that I definitely want to do away with the XJL and 3.0 badges and want to keep the leaper. Haven't decided if I want the script JAGUAR to stay or not. Probably need to give it some more time.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:55 AM
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Congrats on the new car MadManofBethseda. Mine (a 2011) came with leaper and model name, but not the Jaguar script or engine designation. Since I took the model name off, it now looks like the car in the middle-right.

If mine had come with all the 2014 badging, I would definitely have removed the model name and engine designation, then I'd have had a think about retaining the Jaguar script.

Good luck with your thinking. Drop me a PM if you'd like me to Photoshop the badges off your car (you'd obviously need to send me a pic!)

The following users liked this post:
GGG (10-02-2014)
Old 10-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Location: Mooresville, NC (Race City USA), home of most NASCAR teams.
Received 480 Likes on 368 Posts

I like the Jaguar script under the "Leaper", because I'm proud to own a Jaguar and want to further identify it from other cars that have "borrowed" its advanced styling in recent years. The average American doesn't doesn't identify the "Leaper" as a Jaguar symbol. Just today an elderly gentleman paid a compliment about the good looks of our car to my wife, and then asked "is it a Cadillac?". We get a lot of compliments, unfortunately often followed by "what make is it?"
I'm also proud of the fact it is a full length XJL, with all the good looks, luxury features and comfort that implies, and that it sports an advanced 5.0 Liter V-8 engine (not a V-6, or a 4 cylinder like some lesser models), so I proudly display this fact on my trunk (boot) as well. I'm proud that I don't drive a pick-up, a fancy full sized van like a Cadillac Escalade or Lincoln Navigator, a mini-van, SUV or a "crossover vehicle", and also that none of my vehicles are white, silver-gray, orange-red, or Eco-green. I'm just not into conformity.

retriever-007 (05-31-2015)
Old 10-03-2014, 06:05 AM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by johndahlheimer
I like the Jaguar script under the "Leaper", because I'm proud to own a Jaguar and want to further identify it from other cars that have "borrowed" its advanced styling in recent years. The average American doesn't doesn't identify the "Leaper" as a Jaguar symbol. Just today an elderly gentleman paid a compliment about the good looks of our car to my wife, and then asked "is it a Cadillac?". We get a lot of compliments, unfortunately often followed by "what make is it?"
I'm also proud of the fact it is a full length XJL, with all the good looks, luxury features and comfort that implies, and that it sports an advanced 5.0 Liter V-8 engine (not a V-6, or a 4 cylinder like some lesser models), so I proudly display this fact on my trunk (boot) as well. I'm proud that I don't drive a pick-up, a fancy full sized van like a Cadillac Escalade or Lincoln Navigator, a mini-van, SUV or a "crossover vehicle", and also that none of my vehicles are white, silver-gray, orange-red, or Eco-green. I'm just not into conformity.
I too like badging. And to your point about people not knowing the make, I often see vehicles pull alongside my car when stopped in traffic, driver obviously taking the car in intently, and then inevitably reading the side vent badge and mouthing the words....J A G U A R...Supersport...then nodding approvingly. It's like an ah-ha moment for them. Always brings a smile to my face to which I respond in kind

retriever-007 (05-31-2015)
Old 10-03-2014, 06:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

It seems extra badging appeals to the older crowd. There are many threads of adding leapers (hood ornaments), growlers and lettering even on the XK forums. Also, chroming things like hood vents and such!

Personally I prefer less badging on this car. It is a very elegant and simple design and clutter detracts from it!

Last edited by amcdonal86; 10-03-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
It seems extra badging appeals to the older crowd.
Not all of us old farts like loads of badging. I prefer the minimalist look. Anyway must go for my afternoon nap now

Old 10-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Badges, Badges & more Badges

Nice pics -- and giving me a lot of "food for thought". If this were up for a vote, my personal choice would be-- drum roll, please; the Leaper
with J-A-G-U-A-R spelled out beneath. To me, that looks very classy.

However, my 2013 has then all, with "XJ" on the left and "3.0" on the right. If I had the nerve I might eliminate those two.

Luck
King Fala

Old 10-03-2014, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by KingFala
Nice pics -- and giving me a lot of "food for thought". If this were up for a vote, my personal choice would be-- drum roll, please; the Leaper
with J-A-G-U-A-R spelled out beneath. To me, that looks very classy.

However, my 2013 has then all, with "XJ" on the left and "3.0" on the right. If I had the nerve I might eliminate those two.

Luck
King Fala

Well, I've now had my 2014 XJL for two days and that's where I'm leaning. I'll probably give it a little while longer before making a final decision, but the photoshop earlier in the thread showing all six variations together has really helped to persuade me which one is best.

Old 10-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 266 Likes on 210 Posts

Now that I look at the variations, I like the leaper+script version the most. I feel that the leaper alone looks slightly small there...so I tried out how it'd look with a leaper 25% bigger. Open the picture in new tab for a higher resolution view.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I mulled over this myself but I ended up leaving the XJL badge on the car. Coming from a guy that de-badges all his cars, I felt the XJL looked right on the trunk lid. Now, had I bought a 2013 with the JAGUAR script under the leaper and the 3.0/5.0 badge, I would've removed them immediately. Way too much clutter on the trunk lid.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by Maybe_XJ
I like the stock look. Badges on. I like even more the 2013 model that has the other 5.0 and the word 'Jaguar' on as well.
I'm definitely a badge fan and prefer them to be on.

Having seen many different types of vehicles debadged I think they look a little bare for my liking, but each to their own

Old 10-24-2014, 08:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tc1728
I wanted to take it all off but it looks odd with no badging at all so I just left the leaper on. TC

Your wheels look great on the XJ! What wheels are they?

Old 10-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Re: Post #49

I had a couple of glasses of wine, equipped myself with a hair-dryer, a roll of dental floss and a bottle of goo-gone, and after about 30 minutes, the "XJ" and the "3.0" were gone from the trunk (boot) of my 2013.

I'm left with the "Leaper" and the "J-a-g-u-a-r" letters. I'm glad I did it.

Luck
King Fala

Old 10-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Location: Mooresville, NC (Race City USA), home of most NASCAR teams.
Received 480 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by KingFala
Re: Post #49

I had a couple of glasses of wine, equipped myself with a hair-dryer, a roll of dental floss and a bottle of goo-gone, and after about 30 minutes, the "XJ" and the "3.0" were gone from the trunk (boot) of my 2013.

I'm left with the "Leaper" and the "J-a-g-u-a-r" letters. I'm glad I did it.

Luck
King Fala
As long as you didn't get confused and drank a bottle of "Goo-Gone", and then used perfectly good wine to remove the remaining adhesive, life is good here in Mooresville.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a new XJ...for me, all badging stays except 3.0 and AWD. They either come off the right side or... (drum roll please) get replaced with the new upcoming Jaguar OE badge '3.0 Supercharged'. Only available in Europe right now.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

3.0 SUPERCHARGED - NEW BADGE FROM JAGUAR

Old 01-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

My 2012 XJL-Portfolio came with the badging including the 5.0 on the right side.
To each his/her own but I prefer the badging. The one thing though I don't like on my car(s)
is the name of the dealership. All of the cars I have purchased since 1968 never had the dealer name on it.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by retriever-007
My 2012 XJL-Portfolio came with the badging including the 5.0 on the right side.
To each his/her own but I prefer the badging. The one thing though I don't like on my car(s) is the name of the dealership. All of the cars I have purchased since 1968 never had the dealer name on it.

Wow, I would hate that; in fact, I wouldn't purchase a car that had that on it. The closest thing to that I've seen is dealers using the license tag frame to advertise their dealership. But at least that is easily rectified.

Quick Reply: Rear Badge Removal