Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

ACM in XJR can't get to work

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default ACM in XJR can't get to work

My new 2004 XJR has an ACM fitted, but indie not receive a manual with the car and when I connect my iPod it will not play. Does anyone know where I can get an instruction manual or does anyone have any tips to get it working. My car does have a factory Serius radio that plays through the FM on the head unit does this have something to do with the ACM as well. Any help would be good.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Rob,

Does your CD changer work (I believe you told me it did)? If so the ACM is in the wrong mode.....

You need to flip a switch on the box with the RCA's - see attached.

Let's try that for starters.

Take care,

George

Attached Thumbnails ACM in XJR can't get to work-jags-typeacm007.jpg  
Old 09-18-2012, 06:41 PM

Think maybe it's not a factory ACM, the iPod cable comes out in the center console and the RCA and USB are cables too in the glove box I cannot find the module itself with the switch. Either it has been modified to hide he ACM or it's after market.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Robert Page
Think maybe it's not a factory ACM, the iPod cable comes out in the center console and the RCA and USB are cables too in the glove box I cannot find the module itself with the switch. Either it has been modified to hide he ACM or it's after market.
That's definitely not where the factory tells you to put things... But most of these were self installed... And there is some leeway in the cabling. There's only one way to find out... Start taking things apart and follow the cables back. I really think it is an acm though. Makes no sense to put anything else in. No way to interface it...

Take care,

George

Old 09-19-2012, 09:16 AM

Ok so sorted the problem. Previous owner must of taken off or broke the housing for the ACM where the switch is and the RCA as found the small switch by the RCA connector. So now I will try to make a box to protect the wires and switch from further damage. Thanks George for the instructions.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Robert Page
Ok so sorted the problem. Previous owner must of taken off or broke the housing for the ACM where the switch is and the RCA as found the small switch by the RCA connector. So now I will try to make a box to protect the wires and switch from further damage. Thanks George for the instructions.
Project Enclosure (3x2x1) : Project Boxes | RadioShack.com

That should do it. It's soft enough plastic where you can cut out an edge for wires to pass with an x-acto knife. It will make more sense when you get it in your hands

Take care,

George