Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Stereo audio stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo audio stopped working

I have a 2002 Jaguar x type, which my stereo was working just fine and now all of a sudden I have no sound. Any ideas?

Old 12-13-2019, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

S-type, same problem, fixed it. I have a 2006 S-type VandenPlas model with 160K miles. My radio has been trying to go out for several months and last month it quit altogether. ALL the audio quit--phone, NAV, CD, CD multiplayer--all of it. And since the audio for the phone was out, the display indicated "Phone Not Fitted" when I had always had bluetooth connectivity prior to the audio going out completely. I read on one of the Brittish forums about a fellow who thought the sound systems get confused by iPhone contact list syncing when starting these Jags start up, at least for my vintage car. He suggested disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 minutes to allow the audio system to "reboot" if you will. I tried it today and it worked! And so far, no disastrous loss to any of the other systems in the car (I have not checked the auto window buttons to make sure they work yet, and all the other list of things suggested by the shop manual after a battery disconnect). The first thing I noticed, since I had my phone in my pocket, was that the display no longer gave me the No Phone Fitted insult. And then I made a call and the audio for the phone worked, so I quickly turned on the radio and it did not play until I noticed that the volume was not turned up. Et Voila! the radio, the CD players, the NAV audio all worked. You have to turn on your Climate control system again, and then reset your clock as well. I have all my sound back, lucky me. Hope this works for you too.