Australia & New Zealand Members - Welcome List

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 02:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jag in Taupo NZ

Kia Ora to all the kiwis and Gidday to the mates in Aussie,

Unforunately Im a pom who has spent plenty of time in both countries. Back in NZ now and finally after many years at staring at Jags I bought myself a 1979 XJS. Not too worried about the fuel price yet as she isn't a runner! Got plenty of time on my hands for the inevitable tinkering.

Cheers
Yodapom
1979 XJ-S Jaguar
1997 SLK Merc

Old 06-05-2011, 04:52 AM
Default Jaguar S-Type 2002

Hi all,

My name is Doug and I recently acquired a 2002 S-Type 4.2ltr 6 speed as a new project. The car is almost perfect with low Kl's. Have found the forum aboslutely a 'god send'. The car needs some special attention in some areas - but then again I guess all Jaguars need that.

I am awaitiung to update my profile as I keep getting asked too. But the basic are Jaguar S-Type 4.2 2002 6 speed auto in Melbourne.

Just found out this afternnon that I need to change the rear stabilisers and rod ends. Any suggestion on where to source C2C36985 Part No.) woudl be greatly appreciated. Looks much cheaper in teh US or US.

Regards Doug

Old 06-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello all my jaguar brothers. just gone and bought myself a 73 series 1 xj12 and i love it evan tho shes a thirty beast but hey who give a **** lol

christchuch N.Z

Old 06-22-2011, 05:14 AM

Hi , I am new to the Jag and this site I have no idea how this all works, I am hoping to get some help !I am living in the UK at the moment but am returning to mt home at Raumati at the end of August, I am having trouble trying to get info on how to import my Xk8 into the country from the UK ,any way I can get some help through like minded Jag owners?please feel free to email me direct or pass on my query
thanks Lawrence

Old 06-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey there..... I ship parts to overseas locations and use frieght forwarders as you'd expect.

Why not try calling a shipping agent and ask them if they ship to NZ and whats involved. I'm pretty sure it's something they will have done many times before and will be able to offer advice and info on whats needed.

I use JP Ram shipping as an example ( although I do not know ifthey ship to NZ.....the parts I shipped went to Montserrat ) but it may be worth giving them a call 020 7476 0154

Good luck

Old 06-30-2011, 01:08 AM

Hi Fellars,You are lucky all those nice Jaguars are going into NZ from Jap,last time I was down I look't at lots of them,low km's and nice cond good price,can't beat travelling green NZ in a Jaguar.Good Luck

Old 07-07-2011, 01:40 AM
Default Hi jag mates

Les here i am from NZ and recently purchased a 2004 x-type we love our first ever jaguar but would really like to get the touch screen navigation up and going . this car came from japan and i have changed the radio to cover NZ but have no DVD disc and are seeking some info on what i need to get it up and going i have restored a few vintage cars over the years and one 1947 triumph roadster that had a 1800CC Jaguar motor in it a very rare car these days
cheers les

Old 08-01-2011, 03:56 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The main pionts we found when importing our two cars were for Australia are
Rear child seat belt brackets - which for the coupe are different from the convertible,
And as of 2004/5 MY they were changed to ISOFX for the USA/Canada/NZ/Australia
But not for the UK, we found the part Numbers for the brackets but no stock.

You will also require a letter from Jaguar cars UK Ltd, with build date and VIN number
Which they will no doubted do.

The most important part is that the car is steam cleaned to remove any mud ect.
The customs value can be done as landed which is very low, meaning the car
Non ADR no plated so the starting point for duty is low

Then of course the Speedo needs to be in Kilometers only and not MPH over Kilometers
This is an odd point, as when we took our cars to the local transport center to be checked
We were told they had no Knowledge of the Speedo requirement.
And they did not known were the engine number was so they just copied it from the DVLC Registration certificate V5C after knocking their brains out looking for it.
And as for the rear child seat belt brackets after some time of them trying to sit
In the rear of the convertible decided that the small holes in the rear seat baulk head
Meet the ADR in sprite, so the car passed no problems

Redpoptop
2005 XK8 Convertible 20" BBS Brembos all options ticked

Old 08-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

Very new to the forum, can anyone help on where to get a "letter of compliance" for a jaguar XK8 year 2000, I've bought the car in the UK and want to ship it out to Australia, but I seem to be getting the runaround from the gov.org sites on how to get the car here. I was told that If I got the "letter of compliance" I can then apply to import the vehicle from the U.K. Would be most gratefull to here as much detail & comments as possible.... don't leave anything out, it will all be read & digested. thanks guy,s

Paul.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:56 AM

Hi, Did you have to get the letter of compliance from Jaguar.

Thanks,

Paul.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:51 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The letter of Compliance is supplied by Jaguar Cars Ltd. Browns Lane, Allesley, Coventry, CV59DR.
Customer Relations you will need to provide the VIN for car.

And why you required this information, they will then send you a open addressed letter with the vin & build date. this will help to get cars registered in Australia
It will all so confirm if the cars have any Jaguar new car warranty left,
As Jaguar australia will cover any valid warranty as well.

Regards

Old 08-17-2011, 04:21 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks Redtop, I'll get onto that straight away. I don't qualify for the "owning & using the car in the U.K. for twelve months" So i have to go down the road of Letter of compliance. Is there anything else I should be doing, etc..........

Sorry about the newby thing, I didn't introduce myself, I'm Paul, great to meet you guy's & gals.

I've lived on the Sunshine Coast for 3 & half years & always wanted an XK, so here I am getting bogged with the task ahead, but with help I'm sure I'll overcome. It would be fantastic to hear from Jag owners who've imported from the U.K.

I'll be away from my computer for most of next week from Monday, but hopefully I'll receive lots of help from the forum.

Thanks.

Paul.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:43 PM
T-B

sorry missed this section

Im Ed proud owner of 1999 S type manual in Brisbane Australia

Old 08-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Default New member from Perth

Hi, it looks like I posted my hello in the wrong area, then when looking around found this place, so here it is again.
I'm new to the forum and looking forward to having a look around in here.
I live in Perth W.A., have loved Jaguars since a kid at school but only quite late in life actually bought one (which was followed by another, then another )
Dave

Old 09-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ross Mackay in Washdyke New Zealand still owns the ERNIE SPRAGUE red 3.8 raced in New Zealand.
I now own a red 1989 XJS Jaguar 3.6 But I now live in South Australia.
Having trouble with the DASH LIGHTS though?

Old 09-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks fer getting it set up. Participation will mean a heap more now.

regards

Lockie

Old 10-15-2011, 03:00 AM
Default Hi from Geraldton WA

My 2000 S-Type is only one of two in this city, that I have seen. Only other Jags seen about are an X-Type and an XJ40 but I'm willing to stand corrected.
Recently had numerous electrical problems, e.g. faulty fuel gauge, intermittent indicator operation, rear fog lights turning on without being selected. Turned out to be moisture in the boot which doesn't leak but somehow did(?). Fortunately managed to discover it before turning to an expect with the accompanying expense.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Glad you got it sorted.

When we purchased our '05 S, there were 2 older models in our small town, now exery other house seems to have one.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:46 AM

A Melbourne bloke ,mostly worked in wrecking yards & panel shops
It used to be a Chrysler & VeeWee thing ,but now I want some creature comforts.
I've worked at a Jag wreckers.
But my XJ40 doesn't need much love,$000's of receipts in the glovebox
I'm the 3rd or 4th owner with books & everything,I like my new toy

Quick Reply: Australia & New Zealand Members - Welcome List