Northern NSW & SouthEast QLD InterRegional Meet, Ballina 2014

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

Hey greetings Nick (and via you, Dad Pete - you gotta get Pete hooked into the forums too mate - he's got a rich Jag background and continuing interest),

Yep, a great day by all. I did pass on your apologies that work commitments had first call at present. Perhaps with longer lead-time to our next meet, which sounds like Inverell or similar, you and Pete may have got past your busiest period and can join us. In the meantime, keep dropping into our Oz regional forums to join in the chat. I haven't yet found my 60s genuine Jaguar S Type Workshop Manual - but then I can't recall if it was of interest to you. Please PM me if so.

Interesting that the media lead-up drew a few locals to bring their Cats along too - an impeccable pair - one a late Sapphire Blue XJ8 Sport (for sale, as owner is awaiting delivery of his new Jag) and a black on black MY03 STR with the rather rare Cranberry Red seat inserts, stitching and trim highlights coupled to Sapele Mahogany dash, wheel and touch screen SatNav etc.

My point is neither knew each other, neither knew or was known by Mike Dean, so it took JaguarForums to bring us all together. Great of course if Mike is able to follow-up on either or both - a few more members in your backyard is great for all.
Best wishes with your business venture,
Ken

The following 2 users liked this post by cat_as_trophy:
JimC64 (10-27-2014), Stoney85 (10-30-2014)
Old 10-25-2014, 09:06 AM
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi All the Ballina attendees. Apologies for the delayed reply with enormous thanks for an excellent turnout and day by the Richmond River.
Very impressed with Hazjag coming from Cobar with a beautifully turned out jag on the day. Also Sth. Qld, Coffs, Armidale, as well as the local show ups. next year will be a major day I promise.
I have been away all week and will check the local papers when I return and forward/post any articles or photos.

Update on XJS woes.
Good news is that the entire engine has been thoroughly checked out and given 100% clearance of problems.
Car runs beautifully as long as it sits in the sun with the boot opened, or a heqter blower put in the boot for 10 minutes.
We now believe that it could only be a cracked board in the computer. pulling this out and checking next week. The real sadness was a no show on the weekend.
Thanks again to Ken and Clarke for making the day work so well.

Mike Dean 1986 XJ12 S3 Sovereign

The following 2 users liked this post by Mike Dean:
cat_as_trophy (10-25-2014), o1xjr (10-26-2014)