Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just moved to the Tacoma area

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 10:51 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default just moved to the Tacoma area

hi all,
I got my f type a week ago and I just moved to the Tacoma area for work. my baby should be delivered today and I can't wait to drive it on the curvy roads here. back in Michigan it's just straight line speeding
looking forward to meeting up with some fellow ftype owners in the area for some scenic driving

Old 09-27-2015, 01:02 PM
Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by diablomkii
hi all,
I got my f type a week ago and I just moved to the Tacoma area for work. my baby should be delivered today and I can't wait to drive it on the curvy roads here. back in Michigan it's just straight line speeding
looking forward to meeting up with some fellow ftype owners in the area for some scenic driving
There are a few f-types around. I saw an orange coupe in Bonney Lake this week, that's the third coupe I've seen in about six months. I'm in Enumclaw. Black v8s vert

Old 09-27-2015, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nookieman
There are a few f-types around. I saw an orange coupe in Bonney Lake this week, that's the third coupe I've seen in about six months. I'm in Enumclaw. Black v8s vert
nice...any f type owners club around here where you guys go on scenic drives etc?

Old 09-27-2015, 06:31 PM

it was a great day out and I went to the mall. looked back after parking this and I had to take a pic. thought I'd share this sexy pic with y'all. yes it needs a wash..hehe

Old 09-27-2015, 07:26 PM

nice...any f type owners club around here where you guys go on scenic drives etc?
There is a NW section on the forum but it's not f-type specific. I would be open to an F-only drive around Mt. Rainier before they close Chinook Pass for the winter, or after Memorial Day when it reopens. Unfortunately fall weekends get pretty crazy busy between Seahawks and Huskies games and dealing with winterizing our boat.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nookieman
There is a NW section on the forum but it's not f-type specific. I would be open to an F-only drive around Mt. Rainier before they close Chinook Pass for the winter, or after Memorial Day when it reopens. Unfortunately fall weekends get pretty crazy busy between Seahawks and Huskies games and dealing with winterizing our boat.
yeah I was looking at pics of chinook pass and it looks awesome..know what date it closes??

Old 09-27-2015, 07:56 PM

yeah I was looking at pics of chinook pass and it looks awesome..know what date it closes??
Chinook Pass is 45 minutes from my house in Enumclaw.

Sometimes I leave Enumclaw at 6:00 p.m. on my motorcycle, ride up to the pass, turn right (south) at highway 123, enter the east side of Mt rainier park by Ohanepecosh, pop out of the park at the west gate by ashford/Elbe, take the mountain highway northwest towards Tacoma, turn right (northeast) at Eatonville, go through kapowsin/orting/Buckley and back to Enumclaw. It's a three hour circle. One tank of bike gas. Have not used the car for that much yet.

Chinook pass usually closes by thanksgiving. The above route is also closed in winter as it is up around 6,500' in elevation in the park.

Chinook Reopens in May. They don't maintain it in winter and the snow up there gets over 10' deep. It's gated at both ends. Watch for deer at dawn/dusk especially in spring and fall.

Near Tacoma there are very nice backroads especially off highway 16 from Morton through Onalaska down toward Mt. St. Helens/Centralia.