Proposed Blue Mts meet/drive/lunch

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts
Default Proposed Blue Mts meet/drive/lunch

In the great great Aussie tradition of "you can rely on a friend to drop you right in it" . . . I am asking one of our new members [Hoppy] from Warrimoo to take on this thread to promote and prod all JF members from especially western Sydney; the Blue Mountains and beyond . . . to gather for a meet and drive up through the mountains now that Spring is well upon us.

Perhaps this could take the form of a meet down in Penrith; followed by a leisurely drive up through Leura or Katoomba (Carrington or Golf Club for gathering, car pics etc), followed by drive out to Mt Wilson (almost as beautiful in spring as it is in autumn)? Sydney-siders could then return by Bell's Line of Road through Kurrajong and Windsor?

Cambo broke the ice with his brilliant achievement and great pics at the JDCA Concours. Even us sparsely separated country cousins up north have got a real party cooking at Ballina - again, based on the combined enthusiasm of many members.

Point is this . . . don't leave it all to our new member [Hoppy]. Those who have called for a Sydney meet; note also a companion thread calling for interest to help help organize Sydney Workshops meets . . . it's time to stand and be counted. Dive in; post your support; help in whatever way you can. Help change the title of this thread from "proposed" to "happening" . . . then follow-up of "it was GREAT!"

Best wishes,
Ken

Old 10-06-2014, 03:14 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Now, if you had said "The Mountain" for a hot lap in Fireball I would be in transit already, but Blue mountains,done that last year in the Jeep with a camper. And swung by Bathurst on the way to Armidale to cut a hot lap in the Jeep.
This was the flying lap after the sighting lap to check for radars and speed cameras.(public road when no races on)

Taking pictures with the still camera with my right hand while her indoors had the video camera going.

1. Conrod straight
Proposed Blue Mts meet/drive/lunch-dsc_1145.jpg

2.The Chase(exited bouncing off the right kerb)
Proposed Blue Mts meet/drive/lunch-dsc_1149.jpg

3. Murrays Corner.
Proposed Blue Mts meet/drive/lunch-dsc_1151.jpg

Flying lap time elapsed just under lap record pace, 5 min 53 seconds.(V8 supercar, 2.08 for the 6.213 km track), not bad for a 4x4 , although the camper trailer was waiting in pit lane.

Just got to move the side table to bring the esky into the lounge room for next Sunday's race.

Last edited by o1xjr; 10-06-2014 at 03:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
cat_as_trophy (10-06-2014)
Old 10-15-2014, 05:37 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for that Ken....no really. I've just dropped the rear suspension unit out of the car for brakes and seals, so i'll be off the road for a little while. Once back together maybe i'll hunt around and plan a trip.

o1xjr (10-15-2014)
Old 10-15-2014, 08:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

Hey that's cool [Hoppy],

Not cracking the whip at this end . . . just suggesting that you might use some of your JaguarForums time to push this thread along to test the interest of others in your patch. A quick search thru our membership in the Roll Call thread will provide you with details. What say fellas? Anybody else ready to jump in?

Best wishes with massaging the rear end of your beastie. Pics and a few words along the way will allow all of us to encourage you . . . big job, but really more a sequence of many small tasks, and with an outcome in ride and comfort improvements that will make it eminently worthwhile.

Best wishes mate,
Ken

o1xjr (10-15-2014)