Special thanks to all our Jaguar friends

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts
Default Special thanks to all our Jaguar friends

I don't know how you write something like this ... life doesn't come with much of a manual ... so here goes ...

My lifelong co-pilot, sometime Jaguar connoisseur and great mate, Chris, has asked me to reappear after several months of absence from these forums, to send her sincere thanks to the many dear friends who have sent her their prayers and best wishes. To our many international friends fostered through these forums (from Canada to the Cape to the Scottish Highlands) ... a giant "thank you". Chris felt it even more important that I reach out to each of our friends here at home. But this ain't easy ...

As some will know, Chris is a former nurse, indeed Matron, but her fight with a particularly nasty cancer for these past few years saw her gravely ill from March through May - hence my disappearance to care for her. But as of today, she is up walking a bit, and talk is of a remission that could see her home in a few weeks. Particularly to all our friends on the Aus/NZ region forum, I find I can't write to you all individually and I hope you understand. I feel guilty that I left unfinished the many topics I was working on here and in my beloved S-Type forum. Even though I read of your activities, often weeks after their post dates, I am loath to dive into complex problem solving as I once did. You may see the occasional post - I have 2 which are gnawing at me to clear the decks, but please don't expect or rely on me for quick replies. 07-JAG has not fired a shot for a couple of months (battery, battery) but then ...

Chris especially asked me to leave you with a spot of humour ... her version of laughing at the devil ... so I will. Picture if you can, the south end of two bald old farts (my shaved head complementing Chris' chemo one) as we wheelie walker our shambling escape from hospital to our waiting pickup. If it comes to pass, perhaps a photo ... if so, I'll post.

Thanks to you all,

Ken and Chris

Old 06-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 536 Likes on 415 Posts

Ken and Chris- I must admit I missed the original posts, maybe because I don't look at the Australian section, however you DO have my best wishes. Cancer touches us all, and it's very important to keep a good outlook.
The Jags take a back seat to Chris, obviously, but don't forget to look after yourself as well. Whether that's reading a book with a drink at hand, or tinkering on a car, you need to unwind as well.
Good luck, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

The following users liked this post:
cat_as_trophy (06-02-2014)
Old 06-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Received 10,313 Likes on 6,823 Posts

Best wishes Ken and CHRIS.

Wife and I know EXACTLY where you are coming from.

You must do what you must, and all your mates will be here when needed.

The Jags will also do their bit when the time is right. My old S Type did that for me loooooong ago.

The word remission is the best word you will hear in your life.

Take care both of you.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Thanks so much for the post, best wishes from all here to both Ken and Chris

Our thoughts are with you...

Old 06-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Thank you for the post. All other things are not so important when loved ones are in need. As Grant has said, we will be here when needed.
The AU/NZ section has been a tad quiet without your wise,interesting and witty input to the threads, I do hope you drop in from time to time for a bit of an unwind.
Best wishes Ken, Chris and family. Our thoughts are with you.
Take care

Last edited by o1xjr; 06-01-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:25 AM
Received 4,182 Likes on 3,645 Posts

Best wishes Ken and Chris. Keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers!

Old 06-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

Thanks to all ...

I have passed your kindness and best wishes on to Chris. This is just a quick note ... but I do intend to drop by these forums when possible ... and in the happier days to come, I will reply to each of you personally ...

I mentioned clearing the decks of a couple of projects I was working on to keep the little grey cells occupied on more pleasant matters. For the first ... if you are bothered by ads and pop-ups despite having installed Adblocker s/w, then check out my sure-fire post on setting up your PC or tablet browser with Adblocker Plus and (most important) a single Filter List ... Hey Presto ... never another ad or pop-up intrusion ... even on eBay or these forums..

Once again, thanks for your friendship and kind thoughts.
Regards,

Ken

o1xjr (06-02-2014)