I am not a snob lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 09:56 PM
Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
Default I am not a snob lol

Hi all,
Just wanted to drop a line and say hello...
I have not been able to log in for awhile as I am currently back in China and for the most part have a difficult time getting through the great firewall of China.

I noticed that the forum has now also been split into regions of Australia, so I posted in this one simply called Australia hoping to get the best viewing platform to reach all my new found Jag friends

I still have my Jag and she is staying with a friend of mine under cover and protected whilst we are away.... I have not done anything with her for the past month I guess.... it is a little hard to work on her online lol.

I hope everything is going well for you all and that your cats are purring and very content.
I have not as yet read through any posts so I am not up to date on what has been happening. I will try and read through them a little later today.

Best regards to you all.... I will try to check in on a more regular basis (internet permitting)

Last edited by red_101au; 06-19-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:24 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Hi Robert, I did notice you had been a quiet lately.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts
Default What's the news from China?

WHAT ??? A quiet Ostrailyun ??? Bugga, I musta missed 'im.

Great to hear from you Bob ... though I must say I'm disappointed ... you being in China and not getting hold of the new Genuine Classic Jaguar Online Maintenance App ... Serious ... $1.99 from iTunes ... It's fair dinkum mate; gotta be ... I read about it on the internet! Let's you tinker with your beloved Jaguar in a virtual workshop - no more breezy Pt Pirie driveways, and no yucky oil or bruised knuckles to contend with.

They have various extensions to the basic app of course ... Grant is quite taken with the V12 extension called "Roar", but it requires you to reload your phone at the nearest service station every 4hrs! As always, there is one to avoid however ... the "Fireball" app ... comes with flashing lights and sirens, but Clarke reckons it's not worth all the hassles!

Meanwhile mate, stay loose ... and best wishes all round,
Ken

The following users liked this post:
o1xjr (06-20-2014)
Old 06-20-2014, 09:10 AM

Hey Clarke, Yep guess there was a reason after all hehehe
Just here visiting the family.... my brother-in-law is getting married, so we decided to make a holiday of it and it also lets the wife's parents (grandparents) and the aunts and uncles spend time with our son again.... they have not seen him for the past 10 months except via skype. BTW.... my son was born here, he is a real Austral-asian hehehe

Ken, I am not familiar with the app at all, never heard of it but it does sound like fun.... virtual jag repairs. You said it is available on i-tunes.... so it is designed for apple fones..... I will have to see if there is a version for android at all

Old 07-14-2014, 08:11 AM

hey fellas... back in good ol Oz again...
We arrived in Adelaide on Friday morning and spent most of the night there... got back to Pirie Saturday morning.
What can I say.... it was a damn long holiday and all I could think about was returning home lol.
Altho it was nice catching up with all the rellies and all.
My cat is still at my friends place, I have not been around to pick her up yet, will probably do that tomorrow or in the next few days, I think I missed her the most lmfao.

I have not yet read any posts so I am not up to date as to what's been happening yet, but I will start catching up after I post this.
I hope everyone is doing well and their pride and joy is doing even better.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:49 AM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

Originally Posted by red_101au
........ have a difficult time getting through the great firewall of China. .......

I hope the XJ40 behaves after its holiday.

Graham

red_101au (07-15-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 08:15 PM
Received 10,309 Likes on 6,819 Posts

Welcome back.

I know that feeling. We have a looooong one coming up to the Philippines, Las Vegas, Canada for a rellie bash. The adult kids+ want to come also, so should be a blast.

Graham, you must have FAITH, of course the '40 will be fine, its in Pirie, and the smelters are just around the corner if it does not HAHA.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

Oiii, ... Grant; that's cruel. Smelter indeed ... bad, bad boy!

And Bob ... man, you lead a dangerous life ... back 24hrs and not been over to stroke your cat. I can almost sense claws scratching across concrete in feline outrage!

Have you 2 crow-eaters caught up yet ... if so, a nice nose-to-nose pic of the 2 beasts up somewhere like the Claire Valley would be nice.

Oh ...,
... and include a couple of the cars as well (Hahahahahaha)
Great to have you back on deck Bob ...
You bring a certain style and panache to proceedings ...
Besides which ... it's your shout!

Best wishes,
Ken

Old 07-15-2014, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by GGG

I hope the XJ40 behaves after its holiday.

Graham
I am sure she will be just fine, My friend was starting her each week just to keep her oil up and battery charged etc.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Grant Francis
Welcome back.

Graham, you must have FAITH, of course the '40 will be fine, its in Pirie, and the smelters are just around the corner if it does not HAHA.
hahaa, smelters as a last resort.
I feel for you My holiday has just finished and you have all that travel to look forward to. At least your youngins' are adult, we travelled with a 16 month old son. anyway you look at it, it is a hell of a long time for a baby to have to sit still. But he handled it really well, I was extremely happy with his behavior.

Grant Francis (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by cat_as_trophy
Oiii, ... Grant; that's cruel. Smelter indeed ... bad, bad boy!

And Bob ... man, you lead a dangerous life ... back 24hrs and not been over to stroke your cat. I can almost sense claws scratching across concrete in feline outrage!

Have you 2 crow-eaters caught up yet ... if so, a nice nose-to-nose pic of the 2 beasts up somewhere like the Claire Valley would be nice.

Oh ...,
Great to have you back on deck Bob ...
You bring a certain style and panache to proceedings ...
Besides which ... it's your shout!

Best wishes,
Ken
Hey Ken, good to be back mate and yes I know the very first thing I should have done was go and collect or at least see her and let her know I have not abandoned her.

My mate said she purred like a kitten each time he started her but I bet she will play up merry Hell when I go to drive her home just to show me who's boss.

As for bringing a certain panache to proceedings.... I usually hear it referred to as bullsh*t.... I guess that is the not so polite word for panache hehehe.

cat_as_trophy (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by cat_as_trophy

Oh ...,
Ken
We still haven't caught up as yet, actually I still have not taken my baby on any real long distance drive yet at all.
The farthest I have taken her was when I picked her up from Whyalla and drove her to Pirie.

I still havent got round to tuning the engine or changing any fluids yet... I reckon the next thing I will do is the brake booster conversion and then hit the engine service etc.
I have actually held off on re-registering her as I want to take her off the road and finish everything that needs doing to her.

I also have a fair bit of rust across the back window that I want to cut out and weld new plate in.... this means removing the rear window.... I intend to take my time and do her properly, so she will be off road for awhile.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:09 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Originally Posted by red_101au
hey fellas... back in good ol Oz again...

My cat is still at my friends place, I have not been around to pick her up yet,
Welcome back Bob, when we return home we pass by the kennels to pick up the animals ,
lol.