Fuel Injector Re-conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Fuel Injector Re-conditioning

Hi,

I'm looking for somebody in vctoria that can recondition fuel iinjectors.

Does anybody know of a good mob?

Any experiences good or bad?

Thanks

Old 11-10-2012, 04:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 250 Likes on 187 Posts

Steve...eithert Google or look up yellow Pages for a local injection place.
Most competant places can clean and rebuild injectors.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:59 PM
doc
Received 201 Likes on 168 Posts
Default re injector reconditioning

Hi there
I had my injectors recoed a couple years ago cost me a grand and they only achieved 88% flow rate on the best ones some where as low as 75%
if you look at some of the on-line parts sellers in the USA or UK you can buy new ones cheaper and they are new! not old ones repaired
I wont be reconditioning them again I will purchase new ones cheaper and new! do some looking around get the part number
I use these guys from the UK Fuel-Emissions | Jaguar X300 - XJR | British Parts UK they are faster than the turn around time at a local shop and I have had great results I purchase 90% of my parts from them now sick of getting overcharged for parts that they don't have in stock anyway and as these cars get older they start costing money to keep on the road so anything that lowers maintenance costs I am all for
regards Doc

The following users liked this post:
Stevecosta (11-21-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doc
Hi there
I had my injectors recoed a couple years ago cost me a grand and they only achieved 88% flow rate on the best ones some where as low as 75%
if you look at some of the on-line parts sellers in the USA or UK you can buy new ones cheaper and they are new! not old ones repaired
I wont be reconditioning them again I will purchase new ones cheaper and new! do some looking around get the part number
I use these guys from the UK Fuel-Emissions | Jaguar X300 - XJR | British Parts UK they are faster than the turn around time at a local shop and I have had great results I purchase 90% of my parts from them now sick of getting overcharged for parts that they don't have in stock anyway and as these cars get older they start costing money to keep on the road so anything that lowers maintenance costs I am all for
regards Doc
Hi matey, I had a look at this website and it looks great...Just wanted to ask you about how long does it take for your parts to arrive? (People tell me that it could take around 4 weeks for items to arrive from the UK) Cheers!

Old 12-24-2012, 08:58 PM
doc
Default re parts ordering times

Originally Posted by sphynx
Hi matey, I had a look at this website and it looks great...Just wanted to ask you about how long does it take for your parts to arrive? (People tell me that it could take around 4 weeks for items to arrive from the UK) Cheers!
I order all my parts from British parts nowadays they are the quickest
I ordered a fuel pressure regulator after no one here could tell me which one I needed ordered on Friday was here the following Thursday not bad from UK to Australia
I use some other suppliers in the states as well I ordered clips for the front bumper chrome dress trim took 5 weeks from Texas only reason I ordered them from Texas they where the only on-line suppler that had them listed when I want parts I just want to order them not send emails back and forth and waste time

Old 12-24-2012, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by doc
I order all my parts from British parts nowadays they are the quickest
I ordered a fuel pressure regulator after no one here could tell me which one I needed ordered on Friday was here the following Thursday not bad from UK to Australia
I use some other suppliers in the states as well I ordered clips for the front bumper chrome dress trim took 5 weeks from Texas only reason I ordered them from Texas they where the only on-line suppler that had them listed when I want parts I just want to order them not send emails back and forth and waste time
Only 1 week???... That's more than excellent!...My beast is having a misfiring issue and after reading some threads from the great people here, I am looking at purchasing a couple of ignition coils, inlet manifold seals and spark plugs (do they charge much for postage.) Cheers!!

Old 12-25-2012, 08:27 AM
doc

I would get the spark plugs here save some money on postage
I found the fuel pressure regulator including shipping worked out to 120AU
I might have been able to buy a generic here but no one could cross reference the numbers just went on-line and it arrived

Old 12-29-2012, 02:35 AM

A very sound & reliable low cost source of all auto parts:
Try US based "Rockauto"
They have an extensive online catalogue & I am willing to wager they will beat any UK source on price.
Home page: RockAuto Auto Parts
Tip: try to ensure you order parts available from the same warehouse to minimise shipping costs.
They respond quickly to emails so if unsure first time round just email them