Canada All Canadian members please post here...

F-Type Research

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Type Research

Howdy Canadian forum,

New to forum, just did my intro in the newbie forum yesterday. Great to be here. First off is the great news (To me), wife agreed to a new car in 2018. Rock On! Brand and model will still require her approval but I think I have hinted enough and she knows where I am heading.

F-Type grows on me each day and I see one daily on 401 on my way to work. I consider this new car a family car, wife doesn't do stick and it will be 3.0 V6 Supercharged (Auto RWD) for both of us.

(I) Seeing the leaves turning red immediately remind me of winter tires, anyone using F-Type as all-year vehicle and has a separate set winter wheels? Care to share your winter tyres setup? What rim (offset) and selection?

(II) Model (The Look) changes?! Wiki said F-Type predecessor XK lasted 18 years with similar look. Do I safely assume F-Type having similar look for a long time? Can I compare this car to Nissan 350Z~370Z (2002 til now) carrying similar resemblance for 15 years.

(III) What is the recommended oil change and maintenance interval? Traveling to dealership could be a pain as none close by home/work.

More questions coming up, gotta be prepared as anything can be a valid question from wife. Hey, you guys are on my side and with me right?

Later.

Thanks, TGX

Old 09-20-2017, 01:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

GTA doesn't get much snow, so you probably would be fine. Keep in mind, F-type is really low to the ground and is unideal for snowy conditions. I store mine for the winter, but where I live there is more snow.

2018 is mid-life update for F-type. New LED headlights, new radio, minor front bumper updates. Otherwise they are the same car.

F-type AJ133 engine uses direct injection, and these engines gunk up when you run oil too long. Schedule oil change is 12mo or 13,000kms but this is too long for anything but highway driving.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:11 PM
Awd
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

If you are seriously interested....stroll over to the f type part of this forum....and head over to a dealer and have a look at some.
All questions answered and tons of info you could only imagine.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pointer. Awd.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pm sent.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:59 PM
Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts

I read each of the existing F type brochures, cover to cover, while I was recovering from knee surgery. Ultimately selected the '16 R V8 with AWD, which might be an answer for your snow needs. Like you, my bride was supportive of my choice, and she has driven the F, in full automatic mode, although I normally use the sport shift.
I have not studied the 2018 models, yet expect few changes to a successful vehicle. We've had eleven Jaguars, and an element we like is that a given model changes very little from year to year. We get regular stares and compliments on our 2007 XJR, now 10+ years from new.
Good luck in your searching!