Canada All Canadian members please post here...

Preparation for March-April leasing

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preparation for March-April leasing

Hello Forum

Happy New Year

TGX is from Toronto, Ontario. Previously posted my F-Type research on this forum:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/c...search-189371/

After careful considerations, I decided to lease a 2018 F-type for 36 months, mainly due to I am not sure F-Type is the type of vehicle that I will drive as daily vehicle for the next 10 years. Yep I currently drive a 2003 E46 that I bought brand new in 2002, that's 16 years!

Its 2018! I plan to drive one off the lot in March/April time frame. So between now and then....

1. Yes, I have one that I eye on in one of Ontario's dealer lot
2. No, I have not contact any dealership yet
3. No, I have not done any validation of true dealership cost of that vehicle? Is it really needed?
4. Yes, it will be leasing for 36 months
5. Yes, I am interested in additional dealership offerings on leasing wear and tear coverage. (Can anyone tell me what I shouldn't?)

Just in case the one I want is between now and then, I will need tohave option #2, which is my next selection and I don't have that at the moment. I find comparing Stock # is difficult, I can't tell what feature does a stock number carry, can anyone assist? What is forum recommendation?

Cheers, TGX

Old 01-16-2018, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Some suggestions.

1. Keep an eye on lease deals, right now JLR offering $8,028 Jaguar Credit on leases. Dealer won't inform you about these. This credit should be automatically taken off MSRP, and you should expect to negotiate another $5000-$7000 off that price if you take a car off the lot.

2. The best way to contact dealers is to write to a sales manager asking for everything-included offers. Laugh at dealership that send you MSRP quotes. If you show up in person, you are "assigned" to a salesperson and they are there only to waste your time.

3. I highly recommend negotiating "everything included" price. This way you won't get to worry about security etching and other bullshit fees, and you don't have to argue about inflated PDI fees.

4. I think this is the best strategy, JLR only gives good credit on leases. You can always buy out the car at the end of lease.

5. You absolutely shouldn't buy any type of additional protection. These products are designed to make dealership money. Especially stay away from fabric protector and paint sealant. If you are interested in a film hood protector (generally a good idea in GTA), get a shop specializing in tint and wraps installing it. It will be cheaper and better quality than what you get through dealer.

Some other suggestions:

a. I find blind spot warning system very necessary. F-type has bad blind spots.
b. Never used adjustable dynamics or mood lighting features - skip these
c. Base V6 F-type in RWD configuration has a very hard time putting all the power down - you need AWD and/or LSD (from S) or you will spin tires a lot.
d. Stock P-Zero tires are absolute garbage, take them off and put Michelin Pilot 4S for summer driving. If you do this later, you will inevitably regret not doing it sooner. You can Kijiji P-zeros, as 19s tire size shared with a bunch of BMWs.
e. Early engine oil changes are key with AJ V6 and V8 motors - these use direct injection and oil-pressure based variable timing. Very sensitive to old engine oil.
f. First service is free. Don't take it until 1 year mark and just pay for the first oil change out of pocket. DO NOT wait for 10k/1 year for your first oil change. Insist on oil and filter only (about $200) instead of service 1 (about $600).

The following users liked this post:
BlackPenquinn (04-06-2018)