Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Car Wash?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Car Wash?

Okay,

So I am wondering. What is the best car wash (soap) to use on my virtually flawless Indigo Blue Jaguar?

I have used all the usual suspects (Meguires, Rain-X, Turtle, Blue Coral). These are not bad, but the suds never seem to last very long. and I have read about some of the "premium" washes, e.g., Optimum Car Wash and Griot's Car Wash (Both really pricey).

Question: Which is really the best soap to use and is it worth the money?

Old 07-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As a Detailer I only use Optimum no rinse wash and shine (aka ONR) Amazon.com: 32oz. Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: Automotive.

This stuff is worth every penny and I love using it. At first I was skeptical but after trying it I just amazed at how well it works. Plus its actually not that expensive since you use a few cap fulls per wash.

Last edited by srjag; 07-18-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

i use meguiars gold class wash...i dont look for a wash to be sudsy it has to be slick. i use the 2 bucket method with grit guard and leaf blower to dry. when washing i dont wash in a circular motion to reduce swirls.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Stillwaters
Okay,

So I am wondering. What is the best car wash (soap) to use on my virtually flawless Indigo Blue Jaguar?

I have used all the usual suspects (Meguires, Rain-X, Turtle, Blue Coral). These are not bad, but the suds never seem to last very long. and I have read about some of the "premium" washes, e.g., Optimum Car Wash and Griot's Car Wash (Both really pricey).

Question: Which is really the best soap to use and is it worth the money?
Wow.........so many choices as you know, and looks like you have tried a few.

Being in the business for over 25 years, I have also tried many.......from Megs, Diamond Pro, Adams.........I myself love a soap that has good foaming action....and one that does not stain or that becomes difficult to rinse if it dries up.

So my choice is.............HP2 - Stoner "High Pressure Soap"

HP2 High Pressure Soap from Stoner, your factory direct source for professional detailing products, car wash chemicals, and supplies.

Do yourself a favor, try it out.........you will like it and you will save alot of money versus these boutique washes....

My special soap is a mix of Poly's and HP2 blended together that give me fabulous results.....

Old 07-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Thanks...

All,

Thank you for your suggestions. I am certainly going to try out some of these products in search of producing the cleanest ride in town...

P.S. My wife already complains that I have more car care products in my garage then she thought ever existed....I answer that she has more hair care products then I have car care products...

Well, the numbers are actually pretty close....

Thanks again....

Old 07-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by srjag
As a Detailer I only use Optimum no rinse wash and shine (aka ONR) Amazon.com: 32oz. Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: Automotive.

This stuff is worth every penny and I love using it. At first I was skeptical but after trying it I just amazed at how well it works. Plus its actually not that expensive since you use a few cap fulls per wash.
I do the same, although I am not a professional.

I keep buying these 32 oz sizes, but I think next time I'm just going to get the gallon size. I go through the 32 oz in a few months on just my Jag!