Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Clearkote Glaze & Pinnacle Souvern Paste Wax

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 11:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Clearkote Glaze & Pinnacle Souvern Paste Wax

A while back I made an order when AutoGeek.net had decided to stop selling Clearkote products. Meghan slipped a bottle of Compound Moose and Red Moose Machine Glaze in my box. I was so excited when I got the surprise gifts. Especially because I love Clearkote's Quickshine. It is the best quick detailer I have used. I’ve wanted to use the new products forsome months now but either weather or family illness or something has gotten in the way. Well this weekend was finally the time to use my new stuff including my first purchase of the legendary Souveran paste wax.

My car was dirtier than it has been in a very long time.

Wheels: Wow, they were the most dirty I have ever let them get. Bad Don, bad. I tried using the P21 Wheel cleaner but it was not strong enough. I had enough PB Spray & Rinse to do one wheel. Man, that stuff is awesome! I used some Meg’s wheel cleaner on the rest of the wheels with a lot of scrubbing. After completing the car with the rest of the steps I used DP Gloss Tire Gel.

Wash: Foam Gun, PB Super Slick & Suds, a splash of PB Bug Squash, and the Shmitt.

Exterior: Started with Mother’s Clay & Showtime detailer spray. Then got out the PC with an LC white pad and started working with the Compound Moose. It went on easy, broke down fast and I could tell a difference in the paint. The paint was cloudy and dull before applying the Compound Moose.

That did it for Saturday as I got stared late in the day. On Sunday I started with a quick wash as there was some dusting from the Compound Moose. I used an LC grey pad with the Red Moose Machine Glaze. The glaze is very thin and I figured I would not be able to tell a difference. WRONG! After buffing off the section I had done I could see a clear difference. The color had more shine to it than before.

There was a little dust from the Red Moose, very little, so I went over the car with PB Spray & Wipe. Now was the time to open the Souveran and see what all the fuss was about. The Souveran went on smooth and I mean smooth, like smaltz on a bagel. It is more butter-like than Max Wax.
The Cobra Indigo is the perfect MF for taking off the wax. It came off easily and left a depth I have not seen from Max Wax or Natty’s Blue.

Glass: I used an orange LC pad and DP Glass restorer followed by DP Krystal Vision.

Interior: DP Total Interior Cleaner followed by PB Natural Look Dressing. The seats got a spray of Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner.

The after pictures are not great as the day was overcast. A bit of sun came out as I was done. The temperature was perfect for detailing! What a great weekend I had!

Dirty car:
Name:  mar07before3.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  68.7 KB

Really dirty wheel:
Name:  mar07before4.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  67.9 KB
After shots:
Name:  mar07after1.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  62.6 KB

Name:  mar07after2.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  mar07after5.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  69.1 KB

Old 03-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Clearkote Glaze & Pinnacle Souvern Paste Wax

reddrawfWOW, Nice report and great pictures. Man, those after shots are beautiful.
I've always understood that after you use a polish / glaze you should let the car sit overnight to let the oils work then wax. I've always usedMeguiar's products. Mostly I've owned dark cars. My Jag is Pacific Blue.
My favorite Is Meguiar's #7 polish/glaze followed by Meguiar's #26 yellow wax. This combination produces the deepest shine.
My glass almost never looks clean. Can you tell me more about the glass cleaning products you use?
Thanks

Old 03-19-2007, 02:45 PM

Forgot to ask, what color (i know its green) is your car? Really nice looking.
Thanks

Old 03-19-2007, 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: michaelnv

Forgot to ask, what color (i know its green) is your car? Really nice looking.
Thanks
Thanks for the comments. It is British Racing Green. I love the color but it is an odd color in that it can look really green in bright sun or darn near black in the shade.

For the glass I use either Stoners Invisable Glass cleaner (available at Walmart) or DP Krystal Vision (www.Autogeek.net). I think the DP product is a tad better, but it is much more expensive. On the windshield, I used DP Glass Restorer (also from Autogeek). Another product that works well on the glass is Klasse AIO. Autogeek has started selling Diamondite glass products, which I hear good things about, but I have not used them.

Meg's has great products. I've not used #7 and #26, but based on their other products I'm sure they are excellent.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:34 PM

The X-Type had anEmerald polychromatic paint, it is a metallic that shifts from deep blue to green as the light and angles change. I had thought that might be the color.
Jaguar has some very beautiful colors.
Again thanks for the nice report, great pictures and the glass cleaner info.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  Jagbrightlights5.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  4.7 KB

Hey there reddrawf...............nice detail about the detailing....lol
Car looks good too when finished.........although that, was not a dirty car!!
Love the shine you got, really good, wheels and alloys finished off really nice too.
One point though, and please believe me I'm not being picky, its just a pet hate of mine. I couldn't help but notice the really well kept alloys ( no scuff marks or kerb marks) and blackened tyres to finish it off. I was absolutely horrified to see balance weights on the outside edge of your rims, really taking the look away from them.
You obviously love your car and look after her too.............do yourself a favour and get those weights removed and placed inside the rim to complete the picture.

Jim C

Old 04-07-2007, 12:55 PM

Interesting that you noted the weights. I have thought the same thing! I'm about to get a couple of the wheels refinished and a full set of new tires. I'm planning on getting the weights put on the inside. I detailed my Sister-in-Law's Lexus and noticed that the weights on her wheels are small thin squares on the inside of the rims.

I hope Discount Tires can do that! If not, I'll have to find some place that does.