Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 05:42 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 138 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating

I finally got around to being able to use the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating on my own personal car about 3 weeks ago. I was very excited to take our new product line for a test drive. I had personally seen the results in person on other cars but had yet to play with the products myself.

The car was quite a mess to start off. I started at 9AM just because I knew what kind of prep work was in store for me. The paint needed to be washed, clayed, and swirl removed. When it comes to applying coatings, you HAVE to make sure your paint is near perfect before you apply them.

If you have swirls, contaminants, and water spots on your paint and decide to apply a coating over everything, you will have trapped those imperfections under the coating for the next 3 years. This is why it's necessary to make the paint flawless before you seal the look in with a coating.

The Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating is unique because it can be applied to just about everything on the exterior of your car. We are talking the paint, glass, headlights, and wheels. So you can pretty much coat the whole car with the surface coating and be protected for 3 years. So back to what I did to prep my car for the coating:

What I Used:
Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo
Nanoskin AutoScrub Medium Grade Wash Mitt
Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover
Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
Flex XC3401 VRG Orbital Polisher
Isopropyl Alcohol
Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating
Lake Country Coating Applicator 2 Pack
Super Plush Junior Microfiber Towels
Gold Plush Microfiber Towels

BEFORE SHOTS

STEP by STEP:
1. Wash car with Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo and the Nanoskin AutoScrub Medium Grade Wash Mitt. The shampoo removes the loose dirt and the Nanoskin wash mitt pulls out the contaminants stuck in the clearcoat. The Nanoskin wash mitt is an amazing clay bar alternative.

2. Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover and Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish are used to remove swirls, scratches, water spots, and other minor imperfections. These products are used with the Flex XC3401 VRG Orbital Polisher. I used an orange Lake Country cutting pad with the swirl remover and a white Lake Country polishing pad with the polish.

3. After the paint is swirl and imperfection free, it's time to clean all the oils and chemicals that were left behind by all the previous products used. You can use Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish or you can use Isopropyl Alcohol. This will clean the clearcoat and prep it for the application of the coating. This step is a MUST in order for the coating to bond properly with the clearcoat.

4. Working one panel at a time, spray Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating directly onto the surface and evenly distribute using a Lake Country Coating Applicator. Work the coating into the surface until it disappears. If high spots occur, lightly buff with a clean, soft, lint-free microfiber towel.

AFTER - The car literally looks like glass - Absolutely Amazing

Conclusion: Being this was my first time applying a coating, I thought it was almost easier than applying a wax . This coating spreads and covers the paint like a champ especially with the Lake Country Coating Applicator. You let it set up for a couple minutes and the excess product (if any) buffs off very easily. The prep steps before the application were the most time consuming. Actually applying the coating was fun, fast, and easy. I would work with this coating on any car any day. The results speak for themselves as you can see. The paint looks like glass. I do apologize about not having a sunshine shot yet, I will get one uploaded as soon as we get some descent weather here in Florida. Raining like crazy here lately . Thanks for looking!

To get your hands on some Pinnacle Black Label Coatings CLICK HERE

Attached Thumbnails Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating-dscn6088.jpg   Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating-dscn6111.jpg   Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating-dscn6124.jpg   Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating-dscn6112.jpg   Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating-dscn6127.jpg  

Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating-dscn6098.jpg   Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating-dscn6109.jpg   Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating-20131228_153705.jpg   Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating-20131228_153645.jpg   Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating-dscn6141.jpg  

Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating-dscn6096.jpg   Paint vs. Pinnacle Black Label Coating-dscn6129.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by PinnacleWax:
GGG (01-30-2014), ndy.boyd (01-30-2014)
Old 01-30-2014, 07:08 PM
Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts

Is it ok to apply some wax the next day with an orbital polisher?

Old 01-31-2014, 08:40 AM

Also, what do you think about applying the surface coating to the interior wood trim?

Old 01-31-2014, 09:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ndy.boyd
Is it ok to apply some wax the next day with an orbital polisher?
Yes you can apply wax on top of the coating, make sure you wait about 24 hours after you apply the coating though. Wax bonds very well with the Pinnacle Black Label Coatings. Let me know when you get your coating put on I'd love to see and hear how you liked it

Old 01-31-2014, 09:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Also, what do you think about applying the surface coating to the interior wood trim?
I wouldn't use an exterior product like the surface coating on the interior. If you're looking to protect wood or any other surface in the car, I would recommend using Pinnacle Black Label Leather & Vinyl Coating.

Use Black Label Leather & Vinyl Coating on:
Leather
Vinyl
Plastic
Wood trim
Carbon fiber trim
Aluminum trim

Best Protection in Interior Care

Old 02-07-2014, 02:41 PM

I received my Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating and Wheel Coating today. As I won't be able to apply it to my car until the weather improves, (could be a while) I was anxious to try the surface coating on something. I decided to coat the glass surface of my iPad, so I cleaned it thoroughly with screen spray and then applied a tiny amount of the coating with a micro-fibre towel. The screen was immaculate, but the best part, however, is that after considerable use, a wipe or two with a soft cloth and all the imprints are gone. No need to spray or even dampen the cloth. I'm quite amazed at how easy the fingerprints wipe away. I've since applied it to my iPhone.

If this stuff works this well on the surface of my car and windows, I think I'll be able to keep it clean by driving fast. Great stuff. I can hardly wait to apply it to my car in the spring.

The following users liked this post:
PinnacleWax (02-07-2014)
Old 02-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Former Sponsor

I received my Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating and Wheel Coating today. As I won't be able to apply it to my car until the weather improves, (could be a while) I was anxious to try the surface coating on something. I decided to coat the glass surface of my iPad, so I cleaned it thoroughly with screen spray and then applied a tiny amount of the coating with a micro-fibre towel. The screen was immaculate, but the best part, however, is that after considerable use, a wipe or two with a soft cloth and all the imprints are gone. No need to spray or even dampen the cloth. I'm quite amazed at how easy the fingerprints wipe away. I've since applied it to my iPhone.

If this stuff works this well on the surface of my car and windows, I think I'll be able to keep it clean by driving fast. Great stuff. I can hardly wait to apply it to my car in the spring.
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I love the stuff myself. I have heard of people applying it to touchscreen devices and working amazingly well. That's great to hear . Maybe I'll try it on my Galaxy . Hopefully the weather improves soon so go to town on your car