Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Quick Wax Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Quick Wax Review

A while back I bought a bottle of Poorboy's World Quick Wax Plus (PB QW+) PB QW+ and I finally got a chance to put it to full use.

We have had some cold days and the forecast for this weekend was warmer weather. On the way homeFriday I stopped at the car wash to get my Cowboy boots (I'm from Texas!) shined and yes, I ran the car through for a wash and vac. I know, I know, a sad choice. But, hey, my boots looked awesome!

Saturday afternoon, the weather warmed up so I got out the PB QW+. I used a Microfiber applicator and a Cobra Indigo MF to remove the wax. I sprayed the wax on a few places, like the hood and this worked okay, but I found it better to spray on the applicator. Less over spray that way.

The QW+ was easy to apply. I did the whole car sans half the hood and trunk lid to see if there was a difference. I then used the Indigo MF to remove and it was surprisingly easy to remove. I say that because I applied it thin but it looked thick (see the photos).

I could see a little difference in the half and half but I don't think the camera could pick up the subtle difference. After the whole car had been waxed with the QW+ I grabbed my PB Spray & Gloss and a plush MF. After that I applied some Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel to the tires.

I liked the way the QW+ went on and off. It was indeed quick. It cleaned off some water spots left from the crappy car wash the evening before.

Trunk with half wax on:
Name:  rear_half_wax_on2.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  39.9 KB

Trunk half waxed, other half naked.
Name:  read_half_waxed1.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  53.9 KB

Side with wax on:
Name:  side_wax_on.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  54.1 KB

Side after wax buffed off, wiped down with Poorboy World's Spray & Gloss, and the Pinnacle tire dressing:
Name:  all_done_2.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  82.4 KB

Hood shot showing products:
Name:  products_1.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  43.0 KB

Old 02-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Quick Wax Review

reddrawf,
thanks, another great post. Best lookin "S" in Texas!

Old 02-22-2008, 11:24 AM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Quick Wax Review

Looks good ...I especially like the easy on and easy off part..

One thing that will convince me it's better and easier than ICE...Did it stain the vinyl/plastic trim pieces?