Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Unscented leather cleaner for Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Unscented leather cleaner for Jaguar

Hi everybody, I am new to the forum so please forgive me if I'm writing in the wrong place.
I would like to know if any of you have any idea of where to buy unscented leather cleaner, as we cannot use regular scented cleaner due to my boyfriend's severe chemical sensitivity. So far I haven't had any luck finding it, so I would really appreciate your help on this.
Thanks a million!

Old 01-16-2013, 09:50 AM
XJL
Received 141 Likes on 109 Posts

Hello JandA,

Here is a link to a previous discussion on this topic: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/d...2011-sc-81226/

I use Sonus cleaner and conditioner and have been pleased. No chemical or lingering scent from the product but it will bring out the leather smell more.

Last edited by XJL; 01-16-2013 at 09:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JandA (01-16-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by JandA
Hi everybody, I am new to the forum so please forgive me if I'm writing in the wrong place.
I would like to know if any of you have any idea of where to buy unscented leather cleaner, as we cannot use regular scented cleaner due to my boyfriend's severe chemical sensitivity. So far I haven't had any luck finding it, so I would really appreciate your help on this.
Thanks a million!

Depending on the model of Jaguar you have. For cars earlier than 2002 Iwould totally recommend you use Leatherique rejuvenator. You can order it online or from their plant in Florida. Apply as their instructions and your leather will become soft and luxurious again with no added chemical smell. (An all natural product no Chemicals added).

For some reason Jaguar has seemed to have changed the leather they used on the later cars and leatherique does not work as well. I am in the process of looking for something that will but all the products I have used so far have fallen far short of being acceptable to me.

Warning do not use anything that contains silicone as it will just plug the pours of the leather preventing you from being able to treat it later resulting in premature failure such as splits and tears.

Last edited by peddlarbob; 01-17-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:50 PM
GGG
Received 16,794 Likes on 12,165 Posts

Welcome to the forum JandA,

When checking products, be sure to note the difference between those for cleaning and those for conditioning.

What products to use and how to use them depends very much on the year of your vehicle. The leather in an early 1960's or 70's Jaguar was produced by an entirely different process to the leather used in the 1990's and onwards and different leather care techniques are required.

When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST section and post some information about yourself and your vehicle. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice on posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by GGG
Welcome to the forum JandA,

When checking products, be sure to note the difference between those for cleaning and those for conditioning.

Graham

With respect that is a rather rash statement to make.

Leatherique products both clean and condition. It is applied and as it dry's, it eases the dirt up to the surfaceof the leather which is then buffed off between applications. Yes it will not take out heavy marks and that is why they have an additional product called pristine clean that does the heavy cleaning. I however, have never needed to use the pristine clean on any of my cars so far. The rejuvenator product has always done the job for me.

From personal experience the Leatherique product will work exceptionally well on all Jaguars up to the 2002 year. I have not been happy with it for use on my 2005 Jag. Different leather and it did not apply well.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:47 AM
GGG
Received 16,794 Likes on 12,165 Posts

Bob,

My caveat was to warn against the common mistake of using a leather conditioner / sealant without first ensuring the leather was clean.

The use of an all-in-one cleaner and conditioner would obviate this.

Graham

Old 01-25-2013, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
Bob,

My caveat was to warn against the common mistake of using a leather conditioner / sealant without first ensuring the leather was clean.

The use of an all-in-one cleaner and conditioner would obviate this.

Graham
Thought it useful if you could see what is possible with a little time spent on your leather. This was a car I purchased and semi restored. The interior was trashed when I got the car and the leather was in terrible condition. All this was accumplished using Leatherique products. No affliation with the product other than I love using it.

Unscented leather cleaner for Jaguar-car-pictures-029.jpg

Unscented leather cleaner for Jaguar-car-pictures-2334.jpg

Unscented leather cleaner for Jaguar-car-pictures-030.jpg

Unscented leather cleaner for Jaguar-car-pictures-031.jpg

Unscented leather cleaner for Jaguar-car-pictures-2335.jpg

Unscented leather cleaner for Jaguar-car-pictures-2337.jpg

Attachment 31234

Attachment 31235

Attachment 31236

Attachment 31237[

Last edited by peddlarbob; 01-25-2013 at 11:56 AM.