Diesel variants - All models Visit here for discussions on diesel powerplants and the impressive torque / mpg figures achievable....

x type 2.2 tdci non start

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow x type 2.2 tdci non start

Hi all new here just looking for some advise if possible. I purchased a 2007 x type 2.2tdci privately it drove home fine I then left it parked up for a couple of days and when to start the vehicle. It now wont start, I have read the faults stored and the only fault stored is injector fuel pressure too low. I am hoping to view the live data over the weekend regarding the fuel pressure. I have carried out a visual inspection under the bonnet and the only issue visible in a small quantity of diesel around no4 injector which I assume is a result of the return pipe connector to this injector being broken. This is the first jag I have owned so was hoping you experienced owners could give me some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-12-2021, 05:43 AM
Received 198 Likes on 153 Posts

Hello,

Your engine (Ford ZSD "Puma") are very common power unit, uset in lot of vehicles, includes; Mondeo, Transit, Jumper, Boxer...
If the injector pressure are too low, it will not start, since the injectors will not generate spray at all in low pressure. ECU do not let gasoline to the cylinders if there are not min pressure measured from fuel rail.
Try clear the fault codes and try again. If the code comes back, then there can be multible reasons:
- No fuel in tank (or blockage)
- Water in system what have frosen
- Fuel filter blockage
- Air leak in a system - Not sure if that broken return pipe can cause fuel to reverse back to tank, leaving system full of air?
- Rail pressure sensor fault
- High pressure pump failure
Since broken return pipe have not been changed by previous owner, i would suspect that the fuel filter have not been changed either in ages, so i would start with that. (find instructions from youtube, exsample:
)

The following users liked this post:
GGG (03-12-2021)