E-Pace 2018 - Onwards

ISOFIX issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 01:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ISOFIX issue

Hi,
I have a little problem with the isofix holders in the car, they are somehow too wide, and because they are too wide the chair move from left to right (when there's no child sitting in).
This happen when I'm turning in a bit of sportive way, beside it's making noise I don't think it's very good for the leather of the backseat.
Here below you see some pictures of the fixation. I also recorded a movie of the chair, you see you don't need to push / pull hard to make it moving .
Here's the link to the movie:

I went to the dealer but he can't help me, apparently I'm the first customer that has this issue. I would need some stupid plastic ring that you can put on the fixations (on one is enough) but don't know what to search for on the internet.

Thanks for your time.
​​​​​​​

Old 05-29-2018, 05:16 AM

Anyone ?

Old 02-18-2024, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Smirnoff103
Hi,
I have a little problem with the isofix holders in the car, they are somehow too wide, and because they are too wide the chair move from left to right (when there's no child sitting in).
This happen when I'm turning in a bit of sportive way, beside it's making noise I don't think it's very good for the leather of the backseat.
Here below you see some pictures of the fixation of Sony XS-GF1622X Instalación Conexiones (XSGF1622X) online. I also recorded a movie of the chair, you see you don't need to push / pull hard to make it moving .
Here's the link to the movie: ISOFIX issue movie

I went to the dealer but he can't help me, apparently I'm the first customer that has this issue. I would need some stupid plastic ring that you can put on the fixations (on one is enough) but don't know what to search for on the internet.

Thanks for your time.

Has anyone else struggled with isofix in their ateca? Specifically I've found that the relatively deep buckets in the rear seats mean that isofix bases sit at quite a steep gradient. This means with a rear facing seat and a newborn the angle is well over 45 degrees (probably somewhere around 60 degrees or so) this is really bad because it leads to the babies head falling forward when sleeping... For info I have a the xcellence trim with leather which might mean the rear differ to fabric. I've tried many different seats from cheap and cheerful up to the latest isize compliant ones and I cannot get anywhere near 45 degrees! Please help! I really hope I don't have to try and switch cars becuae of this :shock: