E-Pace 2018 - Onwards

My E-Pace P250

Old 06-07-2018, 05:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My E-Pace P250

Bought a new E-Pace about a month ago. I really like the car, but I donīt exactly enjoy the thirsty motor (P250).

And I really, really hate the speed sign recognition system and the info displayed in the HUD. The system (camera) itself can read the speed signs without no problems. But if I am driving on a highway (speed limit 120km/h) the system reads and displays the correct speed limit info in the HUD. But if I happen to arrive to a road work area and the speed limit changes to 80km/h or 60 km/h the system again reads the new speed sign correctly and the new speed limit info is displayed in the HUD, but after about 200-300 metres the system decides to change the speed limit back to 120km/h without any reason. There has not been a new sign or anything which the camera could read, it just decides to go back to 120km/h speed limit without any reason what so ever. Very, very annoying system and with a price tag like in Jaguar, this kind of system should be working just fine like they do in other cars like Volvo, BMW etc...

I was in contact with the Jaguar import here in Finland and they said that this is because the system takes the speed limit info from the navigation system if it canīt read any speed sign after seconds or so. So after riding a couple of hundred meters from the last correctly read info from the camera, the navigation system decides to show in the HUD the information which it receives from the navigation system. Really? The camera itself is working just fine, so why mess the whole thing up with the information coming from navigation system especially when this information is so often outdated etc. I canīt understand why they donīt let the system stick to the camera info about speed limits, since the camera itself is working just fine and without any false readings..

Attached youīll find few pics.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:41 PM
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Mine is the 240D and its really great on the fuel. I'm sure there's a little performance difference but mine still goes extremely well.

Attached Thumbnails My E-Pace P250-jag-new.jpg  
Old 06-11-2018, 02:20 PM

Looks good in black too...

The following users liked this post:
Angie From Delray (09-04-2019)
Old 06-18-2018, 07:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello FINE-PACE,
Nice car (y) quick question: what type of carpets have you ordered for the feet (on the inside, the rubber ones)

Old 06-18-2018, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Smirnoff103
Hello FINE-PACE,
Nice car (y) quick question: what type of carpets have you ordered for the feet (on the inside, the rubber ones)
Those are the original Jaguar rubber mats for E-Pace. I bought one for the boot too.

The following users liked this post:
Angie From Delray (09-04-2019)
Old 06-19-2018, 05:15 AM

I have the one for the boot too (but I got it for free ;p ) in rubber.
I ordered the "premium mats" for in the car itself, they are in fabric instead of rubber, with the stitching like the inside of the car (in my case, black fabric with with stitches) but they are MUCH more smaller than yours. They are not coming under the pedals, they should have been the same size as yours but in fabric instead of rubber imho.
Here's the picture of the driver & passenger carpet:

Old 06-19-2018, 07:57 AM

Well to me they appear to be the same size than mine. At least the one for the driverīs side. Maybe the passengers side is a bit bigger in mine, but the drivers side it is quite small...

Old 06-20-2018, 01:47 AM

Yes you are right, they are exactly the same size.
(btw: have you seen there is a little cloth hanging at the bottom of the boot carpet, if you pull it out it's a nice protection for the bumper so you don't scratch anything. I didn't immediately saw that, that's the reason why I tell you this )

Old 06-21-2018, 12:47 PM

Yeah, I noticed the little cloth.. very handy. BTW, have you had any experience with the speed sign recognition system as I wrote in my first message to this thread...?

Old 06-22-2018, 05:28 AM

Yes I saw your speed sign recognition problem and I must say I don't have this issue. Although I haven't drive through a work area "for kilometers". The daily road I do for my work, there is a work area with specific speed limitation (instead of the 120 as in Finland too) it reads it well, and keep also this limitation. I had no idea how long this section was, but thanks to that bad*ss "measure distance" tool in Google Maps I can tell you it's 2,67 kilometers I THINK there's only one traffic sign for the speed, where the works starts, but I will double check this afternoon and will let you know.

What I have as "issue" is that sometimes the car goes (completely) off by itself. This happens when I take out my safety belt out (I usually do this when going in reverse when I arrive at home / work), I drive myself into the parking, and when the start & stop goes on, the car goes completely off (with the "Jaguar" logo on the dashboard, instead of the fuel & temperature display.
I told this at the garage and they say it shouldn't happen, but personally I think it's not that annoying. The only thing is if you are not aware, and you drive and think the car is still on, you in fact turn the car back on

What's your average fuel consumption btw ? I'm at 4000 km now and I have 7.6, but it's still going (slowly) down, seems it consumes always more when the engine is brand now (guy told me this at work, dunnow if it's true or not). I have the 150 hp version btw.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:42 PM
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Same issue with poor fuel mileage on my wife's R-Dynamic P300. We recently took a 1,600 mile road trip and averaged 28.5 mpg indicated (26.5 mpg calculated) on an engine that now has 2,200 miles. Prior to that trip, we couldn't get more than 16 mpg.

I seem to have experienced poor gas mileage with all of my recent model Toyotas, Lexuses and Scions until they accumulated about 20,000 miles. The same has been true for my F-Type S and my wife's XE 35t but to a far lesser degree than with Toyota products. Little by little, gas mileage improved but there was a noticeable improvement in mileage and performance once each vehicle got about 20,000 miles on their engines. I suspect tight tolerances and, most likely, engine mapping that keeps a rich fuel-air mixture until the engine is worn in but I have to admit that it is just my guess.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:20 AM

Wow, that's really a sh*tload more fuel than mine but you got a 300 hp engine while I have only the half (150 hp) so yeah... a more powerful engine will always drink more than a less powerful. I don't know how car taxes work in NH but here in Belgium you have to pay more for a more powerful car, the insurance will also be more expensive. So I decided quiet fast ( ) the 150 hp engine would be enough for me (also I did a test drive with the 180 & 150 hp engine and to be honest the 150 hp was good enough for me, also the police here in Belgium are "flashing" (dunnow how you say this in English, with radar measuring how fast you drive and taking picture of your number plate for a traffic ticket, so yeah, it's useless to have a powerful car here in Belgium as you can see)
Here's is a picture I took Friday while driving back home from work, that 's what I usually have:

This is mostly a highway road, but sadly I need to do more than this kind of roads, that 's the reason why I can't get less than 7,6 l / 100 km atm.

Last edited by Smirnoff103; 06-25-2018 at 03:36 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:49 AM

I just received the newest update to the entertainment system, v 4.0. Letīs hope this will help to the problems I have had with the radio, speed sign recognition system and the reverse camera.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:24 AM

The new software didnīt make any difference to the speed sign recognition system. Still total crap!