F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Any word on a V8 F-Pace? (F-Pace R or SVR?)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Any word on a V8 F-Pace? (F-Pace R or SVR?)

I haven't seen anything on this but I would be very interested in a V8 F-Pace.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:25 AM
Received 4,435 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Yes actually... A V8 F-Pace has been spotted a few times testing at the Nurburgring

Jaguar F-PACE V8 spotted again, sounds awesome (video) | PerformanceDrive

Jaguar has been spotted once again hooning about the Nurburgring in an awesome V8-powered F-PACE prototype, seemingly reconfirming the yet-to-be variant.

This is the second time now that we’ve been fortunate enough to witness Jaguar testing the prototype. And boy does it look quick. Official details are yet to be announced, and indeed Jaguar is yet to even confirm the model, but all clues suggest it will get a 5.0-litre supercharged V8.

Jaguar uses its AJ-series 5.0-litre supercharged V8 in a number of its vehicles, including the F-Type sports car, the previous XF S and XK, the XJ, and a number of Range Rover models. Power outputs span from 375kW and up to 423kW in the case of the F-Type SVR.

It’s believed Jaguar might go for the 375kW mild tune for the F-PACE, although it wouldn’t surprise us if the company went all out and trumped all other players in this segment by fitting the 404kW version.
The performance model could adopt an ‘R’ name or go with the full SVR designation. Either way, Jaguar appears to be taking testing very seriously, with the prototype featuring a roll cage and the driver wearing a full-face helmet.

Like other ‘R’ and SVR models, the F-PACE is expected to come with special performance brakes and suspension, a unique exterior with aero tweaks, and sporty interior. Check it out below. A debut early in 2017 is probably a safe bet.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cambo:
BigCat09 (11-21-2016), JgaXkr (11-13-2016)
Old 11-21-2016, 08:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Can you imagine the sticker price on a SVR version? Even a V8 R version would be pricey. I am sure most of you would be happy with a bump in power on your 380hp to 450hp still in the V6? I know my XE will be just enough for me to keep it for a few years wit ha bump from 340 to 450, the SVR or V8 version would be too much sticker shock I think for theses. However I do miss my XFR so I can also side with you power junkies.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

What are the chances of these being available in mid '17 as '18 year models? Changing the S from a Supercharged 6 to the 8 would be a nice "bump" with very little effort, no?

Old 11-23-2016, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member
Talking

Originally Posted by ndabunka
What are the chances of these being available in mid '17 as '18 year models? Changing the S from a Supercharged 6 to the 8 would be a nice "bump" with very little effort, no?

I don't know the timeline if the F-Pace or the XE will get the V8 but I can tell you it already has it in it. I researched this a lot and found out the V6 we have is the V8 just minus the 2 cylinders. You can google it to see Jag used the same block as the V8 and just didn't drill the last 2 holes. Even look at the used V6/V8 motors for sale and you can see they are exact dimensions and even see where they didn't drill the last 2 holes.

Toput the V8 in and call it a true R model or SVR would be super easy to do i the F Pace or the XE, just the window sticker cost would be very hard to get past.

I wonder why the XFR died off, make you wonder? And now they just call it R Sport models ( R Inspired)

I plan to bump my 340hp XE to the 453hp all the other V6 models are doing and saving the money I would throw out on true SVR/R model.

Google will show you some well documented facts on this topic.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:49 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm sure they'll want to get this out soon since Alfa announced the Stelvio will have the same V6 that you find in the Giulia Quadrifoglio (2.9L, 510HP, 443LB/FT torque). Literally everyone, even Lotus, is coming out with an SUV so Jaguar was pretty smart to bring out the F-PACE now.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
I don't know the timeline if the F-Pace or the XE will get the V8 but I can tell you it already has it in it. I researched this a lot and found out the V6 we have is the V8 just minus the 2 cylinders. You can google it to see Jag used the same block as the V8 and just didn't drill the last 2 holes. Even look at the used V6/V8 motors for sale and you can see they are exact dimensions and even see where they didn't drill the last 2 holes.

To put the V8 in and call it a true R model or SVR would be super easy to do i the F Pace or the XE, just the window sticker cost would be very hard to get past.

I wonder why the XFR died off, make you wonder? And now they just call it R Sport models ( R Inspired)

I plan to bump my 340hp XE to the 453hp all the other V6 models are doing and saving the money I would throw out on true SVR/R model.

Google will show you some well documented facts on this topic.
I was already familiar with the block details but others here may not have been aware so thanks for the reminder. It's no wonder the XFR died off as there is no market for it. It's not like any M5 or AMG buyer would ever consider the XFR as an option.

The F-Pace on the other hand competes with the Macan Turbo and even the BMW X5M depending on who you ask so bumping up the power in the SUV makes for a marketable product. As you pointed out, Jaguar could "easily" do it simply by completing the engine which they should be able to do very economically. Just imagine getting 500+HP in an SUV for $80 or $85K. They would not be able to build them fast enough and at those price points, Jag could also likely afford to make the interior a step up.

Apparently it's not (yet) common knowledge that Jag has stopped taking orders for builds of the '17 F-Pace. I was told that if I place a new order for an F-Pace TODAY... It would not be a 2017 model but rather.... it would be a 2018 model likely delivered in April or May.

When I was told that, I started thinking that the V8 may be a better option. Just waiting on the pricing now...but not expecting anything even pricing-wise until after the 1st of the year.

Last edited by ndabunka; 11-23-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes having come from a 2011 X5M prior and now with a 2015 M3 (tuned) am looking at an F-Pace and a SVR vehicle is quite interesting and something I may be able to see myself in. My worry is size. Have driven the Macan's and they're great cars albeit for the size...god they're small...smaller than my wife's former 2014 Audi Q5. i'd like a bit more space in my SUV after-all isn't that part of the equation for purchasing them? Range Rover Sport vs F Pace S or F-Pace SVR seems a good comparison vs the Macan/Cayenne GTS lineup no?

Old 02-10-2017, 06:13 AM
Veteran Member

All I can say is the Macan is small but what a great vehicle! They really got that model down pat. I hope the final product F-PAce SVR isn't just be the 400hp V6 variant like the new F-Type model and this V8 comes.

I rather have the M vehicles you mentioned...