E type ( XK-E ) 1961 - 1975

Lindner-Knocker E-type lightweight

Old 10-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lindner-Knocker E-type lightweight

When I first read about it, I was amazed that a British shop was able to rebuild a car that was crashed so hard, but now after seeing the latest story in a special JAGUAR magazine (on the newsstand now) published by one of the major English car monthlies. I am mostly convinced it was possible to repair it. What made me doubt it originally was the line in some story that they "ironed out" the original aluminum. I thought, why not just start with a new piece of aluminum? But anyway...what I want to know is, supposedly the car was discovered in a lockup (what we call a locked garage in the U.S.) and I was wondering if anybody in the E-type world knows what it was sold for? Was it sold directly to the restoration shop that did such a magnificent restoration? I believe the original story I read a few years ago was that it was stored many years in France right near the track in Montlhery where it crashed, so it would have been a Frenchman that sold it. Restoration began in 2007 in the UK. I'd love to see a posting from someone else who tried to buy it, for an inkling of what it might have gone for...