E type ( XK-E ) 1961 - 1975

Parts for a 1969 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts for a 1969 E-Type

Hello,

I'm looking for parts for a 1969 E-Type. I'm looking for quality OEM or quality remanufactured. Any recommendations?

Old 12-26-2017, 08:23 PM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

Lots of choices.

Welsh
SNG Barratt
XKS Unlimited
Jaguar Classic Parts
Terry's Jaguar Parts

You can probably build a new E-Type from available parts.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dsd,

Thank you for the response. I saw a few of these websites but I just wanted to be sure that they were good websites. I've always been suspicious cause I've been cheated out of a lot of money. Thank you again and happy holidays!

Best Regards,

Joint_Strike_Fighter_01

Old 12-30-2017, 11:24 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If you shop you'll find that the price for the same part will vary dramatically from vendor to vendor. And as this isn't Amazon Prime, shipping costs can be substantial so bundling to save on shipping can lead to substantial overall savings.

You'll also find that these are for the most part relatively small businesses, so while you can do your ordering online, they are generally helpful and knowledgeable when you call.

Calling can be important because Jaguar had zero skill in configuration management. Changes were made on the production line *****-nilly and without any documentation. In my experience, the folks on the phone will have a greater chance of selecting the correct part. This is especially important with the Series 1.5 and 2 because while the E-type was built with the UK market in mind (see fluid bottle placement and the Rube Goldberg throttle linkage) the US was the primary market and US safety and pollution regulations were changing like crazy in the late 60s.

Three other vendors you might want to keep on your radar are:

CoolCat for cooling,

Monocoque Metalworks for body panels. They say Jaguar used compressed rust instead of steel so... �� . Many panels are available from the 'usuals' made by Martin Robey from the original stampings. But stampings wear. For example, the crease on your power bulge is much less crisp than a Series 1 just because the stamping wore out over time. Chuck at Monocoque makes amazing pieces in case your rust starts to decompress.

The other is RockAuto. You'll be surprised by the consumables they have for your car. For example, Uro is an OEM supplier to modern Jaguar and RockAuto has Uro suspension bushings for the Es at a good price.

Good luck with your project.

Jim

Old 01-02-2018, 09:46 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts

Please contact us for a free of charge E-Type Parts Book (500+ pages)
Whomever you choose to purchase parts from it with it's use of Jaguar Part numbers and diagrams it will undoubtedly be a useful tool!

Sales.Us@SngBarratt.com

Old 01-09-2018, 12:18 PM
Received 161 Likes on 127 Posts

Calling can be important because Jaguar had zero skill in configuration management. Changes were made on the production line *****-nilly and without any documentation. In my experience, the folks on the phone will have a greater chance of selecting the correct part. This is especially important with the Series 1.5 and 2 because while the E-type was built with the UK market in mind (see fluid bottle placement and the Rube Goldberg throttle linkage) the US was the primary market and US safety and pollution regulations were changing like crazy in the late 60s.

Jim your comments re: pollution changes began in 68 and were constantly changing along with other NHTSA requirements. ---But---as far as documentation there are tons of it and only some minor changes in materials are still in question. I suggest you contact the JCNA technical help line for information or the Coventry Foundation. Any changes in production can be answered with a hard copy factory ref. *****-Nilly changes on the floor would have resulted in stop work from the strong union stewards.