North German Plains CoC quest

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2023, 09:12 AM
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Default North German Plains CoC quest

I'm a Brit with an XJ8 x308 2002 that I bought in Holland.
To register my Jag I'm required to submit a CoC, even though Dekra's website state that not having a CoC is no grounds to refuse registration if the car was registered in another EU country. Naturally I got official export paperwork and export plates from Holland before driving my car home. Unfortunately German bureaucracy abhors change and insists on going down the "We've always done it this way" route.
Does anyone familiar with Jaguar Deutschland found a way of procuring a CoC from them and whom to contact. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance

Last edited by GGG; 05-18-2023 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Amend thread title at OP's request
Old 05-06-2023, 01:32 PM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Jaguar used to be helpful with CoC when exporting/importing but recently several members have reported a lack of response to requests, specifically when going non-EU country to EU country or the other way round. I'm surprised to hear this is an issue within EU countries which should have the same compliance certifications.

Can't offer anything more than sympathy with your dilemma but have replied so I can follow your progress towards a resolution.

Graham

Old 05-06-2023, 02:15 PM

I telephoned jaguar HQ in England, but as soon as I've gone through the "press 1 for no help" and actually got a ringtone, the call gets disconnected.
wrote a querie to jaguar.com Germany and have received no response. My next step is to plant my boots in someone's in-tray either at a dealership or Go to the German HQ for Jag/LR.
I'll keep this thread updated on my triumphs and failings.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (05-06-2023)
Old 05-08-2023, 03:21 AM

Tumbleweed is blowing across the plains of useless information from the Straßenverkehrsamt, so I do what any sane person who doesn't know something does, ask Google.
I Googled Jaguar customer services Germany and in a big bold font at the top of the page was a telephone number (021311512370), which naturally I rang ... but the number isn't issued to anyone according to the automated service provider.
I then found the Customer Services for Jaguar.de (0080033867049). Being a toll free number is always a good sign, unlike some less scrupulous services that have a special rate and keep you on the line as long as possible in a fictitious queue. Unfortunately the gentleman didn't have a clue, he pointed me in the direction of the Dutch Jaguar services, what with them originally issuing the COC was his thinking. I pointed out that the car is in Germany, not Holland. His next step was to point me in the direction of Jaguar Classic Car Centre. Please anyone correct me but 2002 XJ8 isn't a classic car yet.
My next step was to go rogue, and join a German forum for answers. One chap was quoted over €500 for a duplicate from an un-named Jaguar Dealership, another was quoted less (€400) which he finally paid after exhausting other routes.
My quest goes on in much the same way as Monty Pythons Holy Grail quest.

Old 05-08-2023, 03:43 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

You could try a post to Jaguar Customer Relationship Centre in Coventry:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/j...ip-centre-101/

Sometimes takes a while but they do usually respond.

Graham

Old 05-08-2023, 03:48 AM

I'm actually in the process of writing to them at the moment.

Old 05-08-2023, 08:54 AM

Sehr geehrter Slackmack* vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail an den Kundenservice von Jaguar Land Rover Deutschland. Ein Certificate of Conformity, ein so genanntes CoC, liegt jedem für den europäischen Markt vorgesehenen Fahrzeug bei Verkauf automatisch bei. Sollten Sie Ihre Ausfertigung nicht mehr auffinden können, so ist die Order und Ausstellung einer entsprechenden Zweitschrift über jeden unserer niedergelassenen Jaguar/Land Rover Vertragspartner vor Ort möglich. Die Bestellung dauert in der Regel eine Woche und es ist erforderlich, die Fahrzeugpapiere und ein Eigentumsnachweis Ihrem Händler vorzulegen. Auf unserer Homepage www.landrover.de finden Sie einen passenden Ansprechpartner in Ihrer Nähe. Beste Grüße / Best Regards P. Leaper* Jaguar Land Rover Kundenbetreuung Customer Service Centre
*Name changed to protect the guilty.

Very politely telling me to go to a dealership and prove that I'm the owner. Sigh

Old 05-11-2023, 08:14 AM
Default Emails sent out

I've emailed all the Jaguar approved dealers* and workshops within a 100km radius, and via my family in the UK, dealerships close to where they live.

The replies have started to trickle in. I'll not name names specifically, just the area they are located.

€357.00 Bremen
TBN Walsroda
TBN Hannover Got reply that they need VIN to see if it's possible to get COC. No one else has that ploy yet.
TBN Oldenburg
€250.00 Paderborn
TBN Osnabrück
TBN Münster
€299.00 Bielefeld
TBN diverse UK

As and when I get updates, I'll update this list (as far as Mods allow).

*By approved, it means that I have gleaned the information of dealership and location from the official Jaguar.de website. There may be more dealerships and workshops that could provide the service but have been excluded from the search due to not being on the Jaguar website at time of research. BTW Jaguar update the email addresses on the dealership pages.

Last edited by Slackmack; 05-11-2023 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-16-2023, 06:44 PM
Default Update

Münster 300€
Bielefeld 299€
Walsrode can't provide this service.
Hannover 299€

Ok Osnabrück, Münster, Hannover & Bielefeld are part of the same chain. Hence all singing from the same hymn sheet. But at least they answered..... a week to 10 days later.

Last edited by Slackmack; 05-16-2023 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-08-2023, 06:32 AM
Default Long shot

On discovering the CD changer cassette full of CDs, I contacted the salesman to ask where I should send them, and he told me to keep them. So I guessed that they belonged to the previous titled owner. Armed with the address of the previous owner from the service history, I packed up the discs and with a nice respectful letter I asked if they still had the CoC. Ten days later came a nice reply that he was the 2nd owner and didn't have the CoC, but thanked me for the CDs.

So this is me right now, parking my boots back in the in-tray of square one!

GGG (06-08-2023)
Old 06-20-2023, 07:26 AM
Default Bit the bullet

No other recourse available, so I've had to bite the bullet and order the damn thing from JLR dealership 2 hours away. The quoted price is 250€ (almost the equivalent in US$). I'm still within my budget for acquiring and repairs/documentation.

GGG (06-20-2023)